Custom image on Always On Display?

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
How can I resize the image? I really want to make the Mega Man X Logo bigger. But when I go into the AOD there's no setting for resizing it. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place for it?

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Here's mine! Go Vikes!

Do you notice that the phone's idle battery drains more quickly when using that horrendous logo :p

I have a Saints logo that has a gold outline with a black background, and my phone drained 10% just sitting there over night. I think that's a little more than it did before I added the image.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
How can I resize the image? I really want to make the Mega Man X Logo bigger. But when I go into the AOD there's no setting for resizing it. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place for it?

When in the setup preview, just pinch your image to zoom in or out in the rectangle?

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Do you notice that the phone's idle battery drains more quickly when using that horrendous logo :p

I have a Saints logo that has a gold outline with a black background, and my phone drained 10% just sitting there over night. I think that's a little more than it did before I added the image.

Can't say that I've noticed any quicker battery drain using AOD, or that gorgeous and talented team logo. It just must be the saints logo then. I'm not surprised though. :p

AxiosENT

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
dd1e3db12ff91ceedc338719d7c589e8.jpg

Death Note oh ya

bialy

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Do these more elaborate light-colored custom aod drain the battery more and significantly? How much added drain?

Last edited:

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Do these more elaborate custom aod drain the battery more and significantly? How much added drain?
I am still getting 16 hrs of battery life. It does not effect the battery if you use something with a dark background.

Example:
b34419d7a76d890394cc83b1c32cc064.jpg

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I had mine on for a few days but noticed now and then it would get really dim, almost to the point where I couldn't read it which seems to defeat the purpose. I did a few searches and it seems to be how it's supposed to work and has to do with ambient light. I was in a poorly lit room and the sun was setting but still it was so faint I could barely see it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can pinch and zoom in on the image but then part of the image will be cut off. You can't change the rectangle size for the image.

You might have to create a large frame around it first.you can use something like irfanview to do it.but yes it needs to be a defined size

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Can you post an image of that on the Note 7 ?

No, sorry. I don't mean to be a jerk but there's no reason to. It looks identical to the one you had in your post, and I've seen a few other posts where people have told you exactly how to turn it on. It looks identical to the one you posted.

bialy

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
No, sorry. I don't mean to be a jerk but there's no reason to. It looks identical to the one you had in your post, and I've seen a few other posts where people have told you exactly how to turn it on. It looks identical to the one you posted.

No worries but I was curious to see the actual new Note 7 image with its sharper & shorter edge versus my above attached image of an older edge which is shallower & longer. If you have time and can image post, that would be appreciated, if possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress