Slow WiFi

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having an issue with slow WiFi? At home my Note 5 gets 180/15, G5 gets 180/15. Note 7 gets 50-55/~11. Same network with all the phones next to each other. Two friends of mine have the same issue. Anyone else notice this?

ZeroGPain

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I too am having this issue ....my Note 5 [which i have to return to T-mobile ] and Nexus 6P get my full 100/100 on my AC 5G frequency but the Note 7 only gets around half that on both upload and download.
I'm thinking there is some kind of performance limiter that Samsung has in effect to throttle it

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Same issue. Only getting around 56 down when my s7 edge is getting 180 and my tab s2 is also getting around 180. It's driving me nuts trying to figure out the issue.

This is my Note 7
9ce3881dcc0c80135444ed110c13ae46.jpg

This is my s7 Edge

5adc3dc5faf760498a21fdb3cb4e22c8.jpg

Last edited:

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, download speeds are about a third as fast as my 6p. I've done searches for a fix but haven't found anything yet that's worked. Only thing I haven't tried is a factory reset.

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I woke up this morning to better speeds. But then it went down again. I then did a reboot on the phone and things seem to be better.

dcb71f2fbf3dccb23149fd7908077914.jpg

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
My Note 7 is preforming just as fast as my other (good) devices on my WiFi network at home. (Zoom Cable Modem 3.0 and Asus AC1900 Dual Band wireless router).

I too am having this issue ....my Note 5 [which i have to return to T-mobile ]
I'm thinking there is some kind of performance limiter that Samsung has in effect to throttle it
Why would Samsung do something like that? It wouldn't make since for them to throttle something to make it slow, so that people would complain, contact their support, and want to return the device. Your cable/DSL/Internet provider might choose to throttle your connection for some reason, but there is no reason a device manufacturer would go and limit the performance of their own device. I wouldn't put it past some carrier's to code it so that their software purposely bottlenecks the wifi in order to encourage people to use their non-bottle-necked "mobile data" instead, but I don't think that is the case. If they did, and their customer's found out they were doing something underhanded like that not only would their customers jump ship to a non-throttling carrier, but it would also be a huge PR nightmare for them.
As is often the case with people using old routers/modems try turning off your modem and router for a few minutes and then turn it back on (modem first, and router a few minutes later) and see if your speeds are rated as higher. Some old modems slow down if they've encountered too many errors. Newer modems with better error correction and compensation don't have those problems.

ZeroGPain

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
-----UPDATE -----

I Received my 256GB SD Card from Samsung over the weekend and i did a factory reset the same time when I inserted the card. [I didn't have a SD card in the note 7 before this]
After the reset i didn't choose to have my apps restored from a early backup from google...the First app I installed was speed test and then i got my correct speeds...I installed all my apps one at a time and did a speedtest every so often to check if a app was the issue but it was holding up.
I got back all my apps installed and been using it for a couple days since the reset and the wifi is golden, also i was experiencing lag system wide and very bad performance while playing a game called BBtan ..but after the rest everything is pretty quick.

The issue could have been it needed a reset or a SDcard ?!
I don't think it could have been a wifi IP address issue because before the reset it was set to DHCP so it wasn't a IP conflict with my note 5 which i originally restored from.

I hope this helps you guys

ALSO.
My router is a ASUS RT-AC68U
Always has performed like a champ!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38