Perhaps a dumb question but I'm going to ask anyway.

TheLegoJoker

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I am trying to run all the stock Samsung apps and I'm mainly pleased so far but today I got my tracking number for my 256gb card. I tried clicking the tracking number and got taken to the call screen. No worries. I'm used to that from my iPhone. Then I long pressed the number and it did nothing. Wouldn't even give me the option to do anything else. Opened the gmail app and tried again and the long press brought up the options I expected from my Samsung email app.
Here's my dilemma: I like the simple look of the Samsung mail app better but I want features like what the gmail app offers. It's there an option to tweak the Samsung app or will I have to just live with the gmail app to get the features I want?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I am trying to run all the stock Samsung apps and I'm mainly pleased so far but today I got my tracking number for my 256gb card. I tried clicking the tracking number and got taken to the call screen. No worries. I'm used to that from my iPhone. Then I long pressed the number and it did nothing. Wouldn't even give me the option to do anything else. Opened the gmail app and tried again and the long press brought up the options I expected from my Samsung email app.
Here's my dilemma: I like the simple look of the Samsung mail app better but I want features like what the gmail app offers. It's there an option to tweak the Samsung app or will I have to just live with the gmail app to get the features I want?

Wish I could help ya, but Samsung's email app wants me to configure my @me acct manually. Too much of a hassle so I loaded CloudMagic. I disabled the gmail app too, so I don't know how it performs either.