Samsung pay $20 promotion?

Tabbiel1989

May 9, 2014
Visit site
So didn't they have a suggestion or offer to put the credit on for you?

The rep I spoke with said in order to receive the credit the transaction needed to be visible on Samsung Pay and that I should contact Citibank. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and hopefully they can fix it for me. Right now when I look at my card on the Samsung Pay app, it shows no transactions.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The rep I spoke with said in order to receive the credit the transaction needed to be visible on Samsung Pay and that I should contact Citibank. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and hopefully they can fix it for me. Right now when I look at my card on the Samsung Pay app, it shows no transactions.

If that doesn't work with your bank, call back Samsung Pay, ask for a supervisor, insist if necessary. See if they can help.

fgcchevy

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
I've used Samsung pay at dollar general to get my $20, then I used it at mom n pop meat market today to spend my $20 Samsung gave me! For me, it was much easier to use at the mom n pop shop, then it was a dollar general. The mom n pop shop, had an old swipe machine.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
So when you used it at Walmart, did you tap the card on a certain part of the terminal?
I just held mine right where I would normally swipe the card. I have used my debit card and a credit card at Walmart. When I used the debit card I did have to put my pin in, but it worked.

wolverine2003

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Is that Walmart using a chip reader?

I think they all are now. It wouldn't matter though. The magstripe on the card tells it that it's a chip card. The magnetic signal being sent from your phone doesn't tell the POS terminal that it is a chip card so it will still process it. When Samsung Pay fails to work for me at Walmart, it has always been the case that the cashier did not press the right button.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Just used Samsung Pay at a Kroger grocery store and it was faster than any Android Pay transaction. Going to try at the gas pump tomorrow night.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
When you use the Samsung Rewards card to pay for something do you select a credit card payment on the terminal? I didn't see a code or anything in the email to use it as a debit card.

nobrakes

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Got my $20 from using at Costco but when try using the gift card at Lowes, it didn't work.
The rewards card didn't work for me in 4 different places. Called the support number and they told me to call Samsung. Samsung didn't know what to do either. They just said they'll get back to me

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I had to have the guy at Bestbuy select credit for mine to work when I used it. Got declined when he chose debit the first time - but this was for a purchase greater than the $20 value of the card.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know how to use the "Card" with an online purchase?
I can't seem to see how to view the entire card number.
I must be missing something here...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87