09-01-2016 10:09 PM
115 ... 2345
tools
    Woah..... Why you lease? Mine's paid for at the end of my 2 year Verizon plan.

Peace. Alan
    With T-mobile JOD, you have the option to keep it 18 months and pay off the balance. Then, you own it outright. However, you can also upgrade up to 3 times a year. That's why I lease.
    T-mobile AFAIK doesn't have strictly a payment plan. When you are still using your Note7 next year wondering when you'll get the next Android update, I'll be playing with my Note8.
    08-28-2016 06:26 PM
    They can call it what they want. It's well documented that the display scratches much easier. There are way to many accounts of it scratching this early. Looks like they got some defective glass out and do not want to own up to it. If they really want to stand behind the it's just as scratch resistant as gg4. But we know it's not.
    pool_shark likes this.
    08-28-2016 06:27 PM
    No... I'll read the comments of the actual users.
    I can see your reasoning, but the problem is most of the people I've seen with problems, have 1 post on this website and it's just to bash Samsung. So you have to realize some people may not actually be credible even though at face value they appear to be.
    Gray Area likes this.
    08-28-2016 06:27 PM
    With T-mobile JOD, you have the option to keep it 18 months and pay off the balance. Then, you own it outright. However, you can also upgrade up to 3 times a year. That's why I lease.
    T-mobile AFAIK doesn't have strictly a payment plan. When you are still using your Note7 next year wondering when you'll get the next Android update, I'll be playing with my Note8.
    THAT sounds like a pretty neat deal. NOW DON'T SCRATCH IT!!!

Peace. Alan
    08-28-2016 06:31 PM
    Here's my unwise opinion on this issue-Huha! "Why we need Screen protection"
    to Save the Phone's screen of Scratches, holes, stains, cigarrets burns,.Noo
    you're Nut Sam, seriously it happens..If got all the above: I'll buy another-1

In all my phones Never have used this protection.? Why 'cause when Tap an icon
    app or link..I've to tapping twice at times to display the Text. Without this
    useless plastic--Get easier to make my selections on the Screen

As side Note: I hope sooner the Phone makers create a Screen that "Avoid"
    the finger prints on the Screen surface, when tapping. I hate to clean almost
    daily my screen to Remove these marks..Any comment welcome!
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    08-28-2016 07:23 PM
    Like everyone else, I was horrified when I saw the original scratch test video with the guy using the picks. However since then, I have seen multiple scratch test videos of people using keys and knives to scratch the note, leaving no mark. My phone goes into my left pocket with nothing else in it. I never drop my phone (dropped a phone less than 5 times in 6 years). I have used screen protectors in the past, however I need a tempered glass one as I hate the feel of the plastic ones. I have yet to see a tempered glass one that covers the whole screen and works with a case with no issues. The ones I have seen either only cover the middle or only have adhesive on the sides which makes the middle too flexible. Since I don't plan on attacking my phone with a knife anytime soon, am I crazy for not using a screen protector? If there was a tempered glass solution that worked well I'd be all over it but I haven't seen one. I should also mention that I am rocking a UAG case. UAG is the only case I will use. Protective and thin.
    I think that the way to look at your question is to examine it the other way around, so i'll ask myself if i will find a small scratch on my phone will it bother me that much that i'll be sorry i haven't put a screen protector of any kind? for me the answer is yes specially when the phone is new after a year or two i guess i wouldn't mind that much.
    now about what people said before, that in real life you wouldn't have sharp things that would scratch your phone it's partially true because the thing that scratches the phone the most it's not keys or coins but sand and if you are find yourself sometimes in a situation where there is sand around your phone it will probably get scratched.

the other question i'll ask myself is if i'll drop my phone and it will break in some way do i mind paying the fees to replace the broken parts? (if you have any kind of insurance your answer probably will be different) i'll say i do mind paying those repair fees therefor i'll probably put some kind of a protective case.

and BTW i'll recommend you to take a look @ the post of the guy with the UAG case that someone mention before because he was saying exactly the same thing you said before "I ONLY use UAG"...
    08-28-2016 08:18 PM
    I always use screen protectors; but mostly because I'm paranoid and fear a freak drop. My mom and brother, though? No screen protectors, rarely any cases, and almost zero drops/scratches/problems. I think it all boils down to personal preference. If you feel better having a screen protector, go for it! But if you don't feel it's a necessity, then yeah, scratch that idea! LOOL I did not mean to put that pun there, but there it is. :P
    08-28-2016 08:36 PM
    I just got a Bodyguardz HD Contour screen protector today. It's not tempered glass, which is what I wanted, but so far I really like it. Fits pretty well, and the screen looks great. Can't even tell the protector is there when the phone is on. I wasn't going to get one either, but I'm a Firefighter. I am not always the kindest to my phones. LOL So I decided to get something on it to protect it. I bought it at the AT&T store. But it's also on eBay and Amazon.
    I agree that bodyguardz is a good protector. We had one installed on my wife's S7 Edge. I got it AT&T and had them install it. Case friendly for the S7 E.
    08-28-2016 08:49 PM
    Please keep us informed on any scratches and how you got them.
    As soft as this glass sounds I don't think I could sleep without some form of screen protection. I'm still rockin the factory clear plastic protector on mine.
    Nothing so far. I had none on my S7 Edge either .. or really any phone so not worried . Only one (my Note 3) but I dropped it into my car and there was sand from the beach .. I then wiped it on my shirt before I thought it through and that caused scratch. It was my dumb mistake.
    08-28-2016 08:57 PM
    Thank god I had my tempered glass on cuz my phone fell yesterday and it cracked the tempered glass
    08-28-2016 09:08 PM
    if you can use it, just use it..
    i just use the cheap glass, and if anything happens my phone price won't drop ;-)
    08-29-2016 02:16 AM
    Yes it does matter because material can be removed where a scratch cant. How about we put it in layman terms for you. Do YOU cry when you get fingerprints on your screen... No you dont you wipe it off the only difference is the material this time isn't finger grease, its METAL! of course its not going to just wipe off with a dry cloth! whats wrong with you people.
    08-29-2016 02:20 AM
    I am using tempered glass and I am more than happy with it
    08-29-2016 06:08 AM
    nice no mention of brand or anything....
    08-29-2016 06:32 AM
    It's always safe to use a screen protector. Not to prevent from scratches in your pocket but sometimes if a something falls on the screen it can put scratches or a dent on it. Happened to me. A front of USB cable fell directly on my screen from a height and kinda put a tiny dent on my screen of Note 3. Besides from many videos I have seen Note 7 screen is prone to scratches.
    08-29-2016 06:38 AM
    I don't use protector , but do use flip cover , cuz I drop ma phone a lot
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    08-29-2016 08:55 AM
    I am seeing posts here implying that is is confirmed that the Note 7 display scratches easier than previous displays. I am not seeing anything besides anecdotal posts and one article/video. Nothing documented or confirmed and an equal amount of contradicting posts to counter this.

Agreed a protector can be a good options, but the curve screen function, surface and case fits do not play nice with long term surface adhesion. Also, the edge of the protector is annoying if using edge functions and the finger swipe movement can help pry the protector away.

That all said, there are more posts about scratches than other Notes or S7E, so you never know...
    08-29-2016 10:13 AM
    Nothing so far. I had none on my S7 Edge either .. or really any phone so not worried . Only one (my Note 3) but I dropped it into my car and there was sand from the beach .. I then wiped it on my shirt before I thought it through and that caused scratch. It was my dumb mistake.
    No scratches here either. From my Palm Treo thru the 9 days of my Note 7
    EDIT> And no holes, stains, or cigarette burns either.
    Peace. Alan
    Sam_Gs7 likes this.
    08-29-2016 11:07 AM
    ExcuseMe Androiders. If may I expand, should say explain better
    check this out. Re: Phone screen's protector. I don't used

But with the Point of finger prints on Phn-Screen is Not difference..

With protector or Not. Finger marks Stay on phone-Surface to

view them..Turn the phone at 45-Degree: Stay Tuned!
    Not trying to make a point, but another issue to fix
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    08-29-2016 05:47 PM

I just use a cloth to wipe the screen and the fingerprints are gone .
    Sam_Gs7 and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    08-29-2016 05:53 PM
    Sounds advisable to almeuit: Yeah,.well I used a Spray & soft napkin
    from Best Buy: But wouldn't be great an Anti-Finger prints screen.
    Eventually will happen: Read you around guys!
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    08-29-2016 06:09 PM
    Hahaha I pick up whatever and wipe off my screen or wipe it on my pants leg to get the fingerprints off.
    Shamshi-Adad and Sam_Gs7 like this.
    08-29-2016 06:13 PM

If I understand correctly you mean fingerprints on the Case as well as the screen. And you are right. But when I'm sitting in the "Board Room" with the whole Board in attendance, I carefully make sure my phone is not at 45 degrees from anyone's sight.

Peace. Alan
    08-29-2016 06:14 PM
    I don't like the feel of plastic screen protectors. Tempered glass has always worked for me. Drops, car door slams etc., were handled by the protector and left my phone unharmed. I'd like to protect my expensive Note 7. I got a tiny hairline scratch in the first two weeks and I baby my phone.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    08-29-2016 06:29 PM
    @Kellyk..Yeah-But if the Apple-Samsung-HTC,.etc. Doesn't come up with an Anti-Finger
    screen and get to the market a liquid product..like those shown on CNN that
    assure that will keep Finger prints off - ?Q would you buy it.? reply Send it

My apology to the OP=ILowry82: The debate on Phone protectors is on
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    08-29-2016 06:34 PM
115 ... 2345