What happens when the battery dies?

stevec5375

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
I have a fully-functioning Note 2 and am considering upgrading to the Note 7. One of the things I love about my Note 2 is that the battery is replaceable. I'm still on the original battery but it doesn't hold a charge as well as it did when it was new so I'm thinking I'll get a new battery.

I understand there is a 1 year warranty on the Note 7. What happens after 1 year if my non-removable battery completely fails?

stevec5375

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
I can understand that making the phone IP68 (waterproof) is easier to do when the battery is sealed but I would gladly give up that feature to get a replaceable battery back.

I can't imagine having to shell out another $850 for a new Note 7 because of a dead battery. What does it cost to send it back and get the battery replaced?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I can understand that making the phone IP68 (waterproof) is easier to do when the battery is sealed but I would gladly give up that feature to get a replaceable battery back.

I can't imagine having to shell out another $850 for a new Note 7 because of a dead battery. What does it cost to send it back and get the battery replaced?
You don't have to do that. First the battery has a year warranty. Second you can send the phone in to get a new battery of you aren't close to a walk in service center. Last time I checked prices for the non-removable battery out of warranty, I believe the price was around $50. I'm not 100% on that, they weren't more than $75 but I think closer to $50.

Shipping is free.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
They have changed the website now, it is only showing these three right now. I know there is one in Colorado.

They don't have many, but 800-Samsung can tell you where others are, or your Samsung Plus app might also give you locations.

There is one on the Dallas/Ft Worth area, the main one and it isn't listed here.

1472426977104.jpg