YouTube won't play in 1080P 60fps on the Note 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: 60 fps YouTube videos

I had a Note 5 on Verizon, and it worked just fine selecting 1080P 60 fps. The wife has one currently, and it also works. Besides, the Note 7 has the problem even while on wifi, which is ridiculous

Yet my T-Mobile one doesn't have the problem so it has to be something with Verizon. All the people posting screenshots have Verizon and don't see it yet all of us with T-Mobile post and see it. That is the only factor I am seeing right now.

Y2Dre

May 7, 2010
Visit site

Sprint user here...my Note 7 definitely has the 1080p60 option on YouTube. I can also confirm that it's available during a data connection instead of wifi.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Sprint user here...my Note 7 definitely has the 1080p60 option on YouTube. I can also confirm that it's available during a data connection instead of wifi.
Thanks for confirming Sprint for us.

So looks like Verizon didn't allow it.. Or it's a bug with the app and the Verizon version.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for confirming Sprint for us.

So looks like Verizon didn't allow it.. Or it's a bug with the app and the Verizon version.
I tried to side load the youtube app from my Zmax pro and while it did 1080p 60 fps on the zte, it didn't do it on the note 7

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so how do we get verizon to fix this?

Contract Lowell McAdam, tell him to have Samsung add back the youtube 1080p 60 fps support,or you will leave Verizon until they add it,and actually leave. Get millions of Verizon customers to do the same. Verizon will then add it back.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Contract Lowell McAdam, tell him to have Samsung add back the youtube 1080p 60 fps support,or you will leave Verizon until they add it,and actually leave. Get millions of Verizon customers to do the same. Verizon will then add it back.

As crazy as this sounds that .. really would be what it would take. I am pretty sure Verizon doesn't care if a few people get angry about 60 fps video on YouTube since most won't pay that close attention anyway.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
As crazy as this sounds that .. really would be what it would take. I am pretty sure Verizon doesn't care if a few people get angry about 60 fps video on YouTube since most won't pay that close attention anyway.
Yup they care about their bottom line. Complaints and petitions won't do anything...

Dkdude

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
db99a7c0a54b9b7dea73dd8a12fa8b6c.jpg

Dkdude

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
This was my response after hours of chat with Verizon support and being moved up to different people. So I sent an email to YouTube support through the play store.

Dkdude

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
He knows that but he is saying they need to update the app to specifically work correctly for this model. Throughout the conversation I sent them a link to this thread and gave examples of pictures of other carrier note 7s with the option.

If everyone would like to email youtube support and use my picture of the conversation to see if we can get some real answers.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Talked to Verizon and told them that only Verizon note 7 is having this issue. Works fine on my wife's S7 Edge but not on the Note 7. Told tech the 60fps is working on note 7 for the other carriers and the problem is with the Verizon version. They said that Samsung needs to do an update. I said you mean Samsung removed this from only the Verizon note 7? She could not answer that question.
So the problem is with Samsung or Google but of course not with Verizon.
If Verizon would just leave the darn phone alone we would not have these types of problems. I am convinced that has something to do with a feature they removed or crippled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez