are you leaving the Note 7? if so, where are you going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to take my note back and order a new one. I'll just use my note 5 until the new phone comes in. The only thing I worry about is being guaranteed another 7.

Samsmome

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Love my Note 7 and it pairs so well with my Gear s2.
Staying with the Note7. Hopefully I can get the blue this time. They didn't have anymore in stock when I got the silver.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I plan to stick with it but I'm not even sure I'll bother to exchange. I've had it two weeks now and it isn't running overly hot to me in anything I've thrown at it. I was very pleased w battery life yesterday (just did a full FDR because of some possible Smart Switch issues). The only things I don't care for on this phone won't go away w a swap out thanks to freaking Verizon dinking w things and removing things.

This whole battery thing has really only caused me one anxiety which is I hope it isn't taking away from their focus on doing a better job of bringing back full action functionality in Samsung Notes (i.e. Updating the software).

So I'm not planning to switch and may even keep the device I currently have.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Sticking with the Note. I'll probably switch mine out when we have some more clarity from Verizon on how that will work, but I love this phone.
Yup. I'm with VZW and was told we have until Sept 30th and they should have replacements within 10 days to 2 weeks (even heard it might be on store by Friday of next week).

Maybe I'll go with a different color but I am loving this Coral Blue.

I would seriously consider iPhone 7s+ but there's nothing really great about it. No new form factor. No headphone jack. And losing the physical home button isn't enough for me.

And i saw the new iOS 10 and laughed because Android already does all of that.

I'm sticking to this phone.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Going from the worst phone 2016 ( Note 7) to the best phone 2016 ( V20 ) seems good idea.
V20's not out yet, so we don't know how it's like.

And I wouldn't necessarily call the Note the "worst phone" because it has a battery recall. That's like saying Toyota is the worst automaker because they recalled a ton of cars (there were fatalities related to the issue that the Toyotas were recalled for before the actual recall, however).

Could Samsung have made sure that something like this didn't happen in the first place? Absolutely, but it has happened. Now it's time to see exactly how they settle this.

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Me too...Samsung is being a stand up company, so they still have my loyalty.
I'll be hanging around as well. The Note 7 is in a class by itself and Samsung's reaction is definitely stand up! There's a big difference between being told "you're holding your phone wrong" and "we've identified an issue and will replace the device".
A company's true character is how they react to a negative situation.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
The Note 7 , one of the worst phones ever built hardly best phone
Well you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I suppose that if one actually blew up on me I would feel that way too. Otherwise mine has been about as close to perfect as I've seen in a phone. Hope you have found or find a phone that works for you.

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I returned mine, but am really sad about it. Going back to my iPhone 6s is such a disappointing experience. Hopefully they resolve this and I'll get a new note 7 in a few weeks. I actually purchased it at full price, not wanting to wait for an upgrade on my plan, so financially it makes sense. And since my device had been hot twice, it wasn't worth the risk to hold onto it if there was a risk.

Oddly enough when I first got it I felt like it was WAY too big and was not sure I'd get used to it, or the different gestures and way to control it. Now that I am back on the iPhone, I'm shocked at the lackluster screen and how small it is, and also getting used to how to navigate again. Lol, shows how quickly you adjust to something new. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I can go note again. Although I may wait and see what the new Google and daydream devices compare. Poor Samsung, what a great device, how many lost sales will they have over this?

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Back on my iPhone 6s+ right now. Glad I hadn't sent it away yet as part of my JUMP agreement. I was able to get the JUMP reversed and now I'm like 90% sure I'll get the Note again when the come available. I'll take a look at the new iPhones, and maybe the V20, but it's not likely that I'll like either of those as much as I liked my experience with the Note.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana