are you leaving the Note 7? if so, where are you going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: Note 7 to iPhone 7 anyone?

I had a iPhone 6s plus prior to the note 7 and I'm kinda missing it. Battery life, performance and signal strength are superior to the note.

tinybfk

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

I will be getting one on one of my lines. I'll be keeping the note active on my second line too though. May swap back and forth. I have an s7 edge that I don't really care for so the iPhone 7 plus will take its place.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I didn't want to create a duplicate thread but Samsung is running another promo for S7 (edge and active included) purchases between 9/8 and 10/9. Gear VR or 256 GB memory card. Just passing along.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I didn't want to create a duplicate thread but Samsung is running another promo for S7 (edge and active included) purchases between 9/8 and 10/9. Gear VR or 256 GB memory card. Just passing along.

Meant to post screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160908-163428.jpg
    Screenshot_20160908-163428.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 213

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

The cameras look interesting for sure. Not so much the new "home button" and lack of headphone jack. They always make great hardware IMO. It's iOS I can't use on a smartphone (though it's fine on a iPad).

donb2010

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

No, I feel that all of the iphone's are mainly used by teenage girls or girls who still think they're teenagers and as a grown a$$ man I can't be caught using one, it will be too embarrassing.

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site

Quoted 15 hour SOT!

You will also find screen protectors that stay on and it probably doesn't instantaneously combust.

It will no doubt sell in large numbers, as always.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

I'm going from a S7 Edge to an iPhone 7 plus. That thing just looks like a beast! I also get a budget every year of $500 for a work device (any more and I make up the cost out of pocket). For that I'm going for the Honor 8.

I suspect Samsung will come out swinging next year, and they're going to have to. The competition is unbelievable now. But I will take a hard look at next year's S devices and who knows?

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

Definitely not going near the 7 but my 6 plus screen is taking a dump so I may swap it for a 6s plus. In my experience though the battery on any of my iphones has never been as good as the s7 line including the note. Based on what I saw the iphone 7 has less talk time and audio playback that the 6s and previous models. The headphone connector is a deal breaker since you cant charge and listen at the same time. I need that while Im flying. Ip67 does no more than allow it to get splashed. Overall Im not impressed and really want my note 7 back.

jjayr41

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I am actually contemplating it. Just returned my Note 7 today due to the recall and have a 6p as a backup. I do miss the note 7 already. May pre-order or pick up a iPhone 7+ unless the new Note 7 units come in before the 16th. Will give iPhone 7+ a try (last one I had was iPhone 3 before jumping to Android). I love using my iPad but couldn't stand using an iPhone....at least i'll have 14 days to try it before deciding what to do.

Kermy

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site

I'm doing the switch. Was a long time iPhone user before getting the Note 7. Was really enjoying it but this recall is leaving a bad taste in my mouth so I'm returning it and preordering the iPhone 7.

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site

Never used iphone, that could be my first one though i'm afraid of closed IOS, as i used to android too much.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

It's a nice phone but the killer for me is the OS. I used to have iPhones and would always jailbreak them but even with that they were still pretty limited in regards to customization compared to Android. Plus when updates came out you had to decide if you were willing to lose the jailbreak or wait and hope that the new update could be jailbroken and then update. I despise iTunes as well.

What I find funny is that Apple fans used to say that Samsung copies Apple. Apple made fun of the large screen Samsungs saying they weren't realistic and nobody wanted something that large... fast forward a few years and Apple releases the Plus models and touts them like they are the first to come up with the concept. Same with adding water resistance to the phones... it's probably a matter of a few years before they offer an iPhone with a stylus. Since Steve Jobs passed away Apple is no longer the leader in innovation, if anything to me they seem to be trying to keep up with the competition.

Cherries01

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

I'm doing the switch. Was a long time iPhone user before getting the Note 7. Was really enjoying it but this recall is leaving a bad taste in my mouth so I'm returning it and preordering the iPhone 7.
This is how I feel and not rushing to get the replacement until things are officially solve. I'm not hesitating to go back to my iPhone 6s+ which i didn't send back yet after I return the note.

Status
Not open for further replies.