are you leaving the Note 7? if so, where are you going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 7 to iPhone 7 anyone?

I will never be an iPhone person but I am sure jealous of that 256 gb of internal storage. This was the one rumored Note 7 feature I am really disappointed that we did not get.

At $969 you are jealous? 64gb is fine for all the apps. Yeah, it would be nice to have 256gb of memory at the same $849 pricepoint. But, given a choice of 64gb internal + 256gb external for $849 or 256gb internal for $969, I will take the $849 option every time.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
With the pre orders & release of the iPhone 7 good luck getting the Note 7 replacement.

Every phone carrier in American is strung up with the pre order and release of the iPhone 7. I called Verizon to ask about the Note 7 replacement and the girl says, so you want to order the the new iPhone?

Good luck getting a replacement for the Note 7 now.

I'm ready to give up. :'(

daisyd1224

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I finally had to give it up. I miss it. It's an awesome phone. But I said it before, once it became a point of stress and worry it lost its appeal. I'll try again in the future. Good luck to all.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: With the pre orders & release of the iPhone 7 good luck getting the Note 7 replacement.

Every phone carrier in American is strung up with the pre order and release of the iPhone 7. I called Verizon to ask about the Note 7 replacement and the girl says, so you want to order the the new iPhone?

Good luck getting a replacement for the Note 7 now.

I'm ready to give up. :'(

It shouldn't have anything to do with it. Samsung sends the phones to the carrier and UPS ships them to the stores or us to swap.

Iphone 7 Plus is back ordered so you won't get that until the start of Oct now unless you want to wait outside all night at the store in line on launch day.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site

I would go to the Galaxy S7 edge before I ever take the iPhone route....iPhone is just not a fun phone and lacks many features that I use such as VR and always on display .....but I am waiting for my note 7 and still using my explosion prone note 7 until I get my replacement

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Lol. FINALLY someone else who thinks their phone might be a great phone but is just exhausted! I knew I wasn't alone ������

I'm getting to that point too. If i want a 7 Plus it probably won't be until Early oct since they're back ordered now and I got two weddings the first week of Oct so I won't be home on some of those days if the delivery comes. If I can't swap out by the last week of Sept I'll just have to return it and buy it later on or wait until Iphone is back in stock and put up with the micro sized S7 screen.

Zaku77

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

I don't like the way iOs is laif out, and I don't like the lack of customization. I also don't like that an SD card isn't an option. And now this headphone nonsense. No interest at all.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: With the pre orders & release of the iPhone 7 good luck getting the Note 7 replacement.

I'm sticking with the Note 7. I don't want to go back to iPhone again.

ScottJ28

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site

I do like the iPhone 7, but looking at both side by side, and with the benefits of being able to customize the Note, I'm sticking with the Note 7. I've always had an iPhone before the Note 5, but once you get used to Android and I pretty much live in the Google world, it would be hard for me to go back to IOS. Still love my Mac Pro though.

ScottJ28

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site

Since Steve Jobs passed away Apple is no longer the leader in innovation, if anything to me they seem to be trying to keep up with the competition.
I'm am a fan of both Apple and Android, but I agree 100% with what you have said, especially about innovation. 5 years ago, Apple was definitely the innovator, but others have since passed them by and Apple is playing catch up.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

S7E to N7 to IP7P
Strange this was my first try with Samsung and the first phone just went poof it got really hot and the screen just died. I posted a my YouTube link to it in one of these threads. Then the news with the N7...mine was working fine, but I was just too afraid of the resale value so on to the IP for safe, predictable enjoyment (and I've never really owned one).

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

I would go to the Galaxy S7 edge before I ever take the iPhone route....iPhone is just not a fun phone and lacks many features that I use such as VR and always on display .....but I am waiting for my note 7 and still using my explosion prone note 7 until I get my replacement

I'm not a iPhone person (look me up) but IMOP VR sucks. I used the "free" Galaxy VR for like 2 hours and it's been in the box since.
And the IPhone is only boring if you like to change launchers and really use widgets everywhere (which I don't), so for me I don't think it will be boring.

That being said I will miss the always on display. Just about every phone I've had in the past few years has had some form of it...hand wave...tap to wake, and true AOD.

ScottJ28

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site

S7E to N7 to IP7P
Strange this was my first try with Samsung and the first phone just went poof it got really hot and the screen just died. I posted a my YouTube link to it in one of these threads. Then the news with the N7...mine was working fine, but I was just too afraid of the resale value so on to the IP for safe, predictable enjoyment (and I've never really owned one).

Dang....haven't thought about the resale value of the Note 7 as I'm sure it's bound to have a bad reputation even though Samsung will be replacing all devices.

ScottJ28

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site

One feature I really love on the Note 7 is the ability to use the S Pen to crop and edit photos, videos, documents, and web pages. That single-handedly is one of the main reasons I'll be keeping the note. The S Pen is a very powerful tool.

jjayr41

May 17, 2010
Visit site

well I put a pre-order in for the iPhone 7+, again as I posted before haven't had an iPhone since OG iPhone till iPhone 3 then its been Android from there. I do have an iPad Pro but hesitated on using iPhone as the OS phone wise is just boring and limited. Will give it a try before the return policy ends. I really do miss the S-Pen and MST payments. Wish my backup 6p had MST technology.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site

Dang....haven't thought about the resale value of the Note 7 as I'm sure it's bound to have a bad reputation even though Samsung will be replacing all devices.

Take a look at ebay. Resale value is just fine and that is for units subject to recall. Completed listings shows near MSRP for these.

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site

One feature I really love on the Note 7 is the ability to use the S Pen to crop and edit photos, videos, documents, and web pages. That single-handedly is one of the main reasons I'll be keeping the note. The S Pen is a very powerful tool.

Would be even handier with a built-in mini fire extinguisher.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

BUT if next year is the complete redesign & not an S year as Apple has historically done, the iPhone 7 resale may fall off more than its predecessors. Granted the complete redesign is rumor & a year away, but just sayin'.

Am waiting for the reviews as even an Apple friendly site was not overly impressed with the fixed home button/taptic engine. Though obviously that may be some speculation.

For me, I do like the secure folder/iris scanner on the N7 but also think Apples live photos mode is very cool as well.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

well I put a pre-order in for the iPhone 7+, again as I posted before haven't had an iPhone since OG iPhone till iPhone 3 then its been Android from there. I do have an iPad Pro but hesitated on using iPhone as the OS phone wise is just boring and limited. Will give it a try before the return policy ends. I really do miss the S-Pen and MST payments. Wish my backup 6p had MST technology.
You will need to root to gain any kind of control over the ios.
Them the iphone 8 will be out and most likely wished you would of waited.
However hope it works well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.