are you leaving the Note 7? if so, where are you going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I had a moment in my mind and thought about keeping the edge I switched into but then went to do something can only do on the Note. Came to my senses.
But the edge is a great device for now. I will be happy to have my coral blue back.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Just curious if anyone has gone back to a S7 either permanently or until replacements come out. Is it tolerable? Is there any plusses? Perhaps being more pocketable is a plus?

I am using the edge while waiting. I had thought about just staying with it but I do miss the Note.
Call quality isn't as good as on the Note. The phone is smooth running though. If the Note7 wasn't being replaced would probably keep. But I went to do something only can do on the Note and that brought me back to reality...missing the Note. I have had the 2,3,and the 4. So it's not that I was new to the Note

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the comments. I was actually thinking about the S7 not S7E... Which I know sounds crazy but my logic was if I don't have the pen anyways maybe make it really easy to carry in my pocket.

But before I go crazier with that sort of thinking I will wait until the 15th which is when my letter said more info was forthcoming and decide then. I don't care about the press etc. If I can get a new functioning safe note 7 quickly I'm in.

cmb713

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if I wait longer than 14 days on my loaner phone, would my carrier not let me exchange for any other phone beside the Note 7? I'm starting to think it may be a long time before they replace our loaners and I don't want to get stuck with a 5" screen in the S7 (which is all they had for loaners at the time).

graham2024

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the comments. I was actually thinking about the S7 not S7E... Which I know sounds crazy but my logic was if I don't have the pen anyways maybe make it really easy to carry in my pocket.

But before I go crazier with that sort of thinking I will wait until the 15th which is when my letter said more info was forthcoming and decide then. I don't care about the press etc. If I can get a new functioning safe note 7 quickly I'm in.
I went with an S7 and I'm really enjoying it. I'm actually considering sticking with it. Kind of a cool opportunity to check something else out.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I actually thought about seeing what all the iPhone hype is about. I've only played with one in Best buy for a few minutes some time ago. I think it was the 6s+. Remembering that experience stopped my thought in its tracks. I was totally Confused at my inability to change anything.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I went with the S7 Edge. It's a beautiful phone, works fine and I guess it'll do but it's not the Note. I'm one of those that always use my Spen so it's gonna be tough to live without (been a while, all I've used is Notes, 3, 4, 5 and 7). Verizon has upset me a little and I may leave them over this (even though it's not their fault) but the Edge is a nice phone. I can return this in 14 days if the Note 7 is in by then (and pay the restock fee as it's Verizon) but I may do it anyway. Just not sure. Heck, it's only 11 months until the Note 8 now (hopefully)! lol
I may actually return it and still go to someone else and get another Note 7. I'd really like to see what I'm missing by using the Verizon version (gimped Samsung features). Still undecided what to do.

Where do you live? I am very confused about the different scenarios am reading. I thought customer care was giving the same nationwide.
Directives from Verizon...those who have Note7 can double switch. No restocking no activation fees
I am temporarily using the edge and can get back into the Note7 without hassle when they have the replacements.
I am in Arizona. Corporate Verizon stores are doing this...

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I went with the S7 Edge. It's a beautiful phone, works fine and I guess it'll do but it's not the Note. I'm one of those that always use my Spen so it's gonna be tough to live without (been a while, all I've used is Notes, 3, 4, 5 and 7). Verizon has upset me a little and I may leave them over this (even though it's not their fault) but the Edge is a nice phone. I can return this in 14 days if the Note 7 is in by then (and pay the restock fee as it's Verizon) but I may do it anyway. Just not sure. Heck, it's only 11 months until the Note 8 now (hopefully)! lol
I may actually return it and still go to someone else and get another Note 7. I'd really like to see what I'm missing by using the Verizon version (gimped Samsung features). Still undecided what to do.

Wait another year for the Note 8.
You got to be kidding .
No way am I waiting till next year.
When the government releases the Note 7 that Samsung is waiting to let us have.
I will use it till next year.
By then I will have money for a new note 8.
But There is no way I will wait
I will keep the Note 7 I'm using right now before then.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
There will definitely be buyers out there looking for a deal because of this issue but the fact is the phone would be replaced not fixed......And if 8 or 10 months pass and there are no more additional issues the low ballers will sound foolish.....I plan on keeping my device so im not worried anyways just saying lol

I hear you. I keep my phones for a long time so I wouldn't have any problems getting a Note 7 if I was upgrading now. But anyone who buys outright and wants to upgrade in a year would obviously be concerned about resale value. And to be honest, if that was me, I'd be giving the Note 7 a miss. It's obvious that this recall fiasco will adversely affect resale.

jbcatl

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
I was a long-time iOS user, iPhone 3G through iPhone 6+, every major revision (not S years).

We were adding a line for my wife and I had an available upgrade, and AT&T offered us a BOGO on Samsung 7 Series devices. My wife wanted the S7 and I decided to try Android for a while with the Note 7. I've enjoyed exploring Android for the past few weeks both on the Note 7 and the (allegedly) interim S7e that I'm using now. The Note 7 was not a fast phone, it had poor battery life compared to my iPhone 6+ (two years old). Only after exchanging it did I read about some tweaks that might have helped. I'm still on board with giving back the S7e for a Note 7 - it's the phone that made me switch when I checked it out in the AT&T corporate store.

That said, if we get to the end of this week and there's no news from CPSC or Samsung, I'm probably going to take the S7e back, get my upgrade reversed and wait a bit, perhaps even order an iPhone 7+. I know exactly what I'll get: my iPhone 6+ with better camera, more RAM, better battery, 3D touch, and no headphone jack (which I rarely use). It's a dilemma for sure since I'm completely comfortable with iOS but was enjoying the Note for the short time I had it.

Samsung has seriously screwed the pooch with this product. Their faltering half-***ed recall, followed by a real recall by the CPSC, has just made matters worse, and at some point the Note 7 will be either too obsolete to matter or just canned as a product.

kssooner

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm done with Samsung for this year. I just returned my Gear VR and I am going to choose between the V20, IP7 plus or maybe even the Moto Z Force. I have until the 30th to decide, if the phone doesn't become a ball of flame before then.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
If I don't hear about getting a replacement Note7 by Friday, I'm picking up the iPhone 7 Plus. I'm flying next week and I don't need the added stress the Note7 would give me going through TSA.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully Samsung learns and changes to replaceable batteries, but probably maybe too late for spring S8. The battery will ALWAYS be the most critical EH&S component, so why not change design?

1. Easy to make replaceable water proof cover.
2. Will not impact footprint
3. Will give customers more confidence going forward, since MUCH easier to correct a cell issue
4 Much more simple campaign and liability to manage a cell problem.
5. Serial code all batteries to ID them to avoid false claims and support legit ones

This is all wrong. Analysts all agree that the fault lies with Samsung rushing the Note 7 to production to give it a sales lead before iPhone 7. Apple has never had removable batteries and has never suffered this scenario.

What Samsung needs to learn is quality control and not rushing a phone into production.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
If I don't hear about getting a replacement Note7 by Friday, I'm picking up the iPhone 7 Plus. I'm flying next week and I don't need the added stress the Note7 would give me going through TSA.

I'm pretty much thinking same thing. Except probably an Edge or v20. Stick with the Edge until next April and then get an S8 Edge. However then I'll want an Note 8 then assuming there is one. I don't see how this was really rushed when the Note last year came out around the same time. All I know is I'm not getting the standard S again. It will have the be the bigger screen Edge or Note. If I would have bought the Edge s7 version I probably wouldn't have the Note right now. The standard s7 screen is just too tiny.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
This is all wrong. Analysts all agree that the fault lies with Samsung rushing the Note 7 to production to give it a sales lead before iPhone 7. Apple has never had removable batteries and has never suffered this scenario.

What Samsung needs to learn is quality control and not rushing a phone into production.

I beg to differ. IPhone have been burning up for some time. At least one on an airplane. Others in people's pockets and many more worldwide we don't hear about.
Lithium batteries will always be a problem and be subject to catching fire, be it a note 7 or an iPhone.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I beg to differ. IPhone have been burning up for some time. At least one on an airplane. Others in people's pockets and many more worldwide we don't hear about.
Lithium batteries will always be a problem and be subject to catching fire, be it a note 7 or an iPhone.

Right. Apple would be more likely to cover it up with hush money

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty much thinking same thing. Except probably an Edge or v20. Stick with the Edge until next April and then get an S8 Edge. However then I'll want an Note 8 then assuming there is one. I don't see how this was really rushed when the Note last year came out around the same time. All I know is I'm not getting the standard S again. It will have the be the bigger screen Edge or Note. If I would have bought the Edge s7 version I probably wouldn't have the Note right now. The standard s7 screen is just too tiny.

I had the S7 and S7 edge. Been there, done that. I want something that'll last me a good year as I'm sick of buying and switching phones and I think the IP7+ is the best bet at this point.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I hear you. I keep my phones for a long time so I wouldn't have any problems getting a Note 7 if I was upgrading now. But anyone who buys outright and wants to upgrade in a year would obviously be concerned about resale value. And to be honest, if that was me, I'd be giving the Note 7 a miss. It's obvious that this recall fiasco will adversely affect resale.
When we get a new note 7.
Reselling it later on shouldn't effected at all.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

Are you suggesting some sort of conspiracy worldwide to keep quiet defective iPhones? I am sure that all phone makers have had some battery issues. Are you saying Apple has had 35 unreported battery incidents? I don't think so.

And Samsung also has had a recall of washing machines. Here I Australia, it made the evening news when one caught fire. So yeah, quality control. I am no Samsung basher, I have a Galaxy S5 and fully intend to get another Samsung when I upgrade. All my major appliances are Samsung.

But Sammy needs to address quality control. This has been an issue for them for a while now on a range of different products. And with the Note 7, it wasn't just battery issues. There was a lot of feedback about performance, lag and stutter and other issues like the easily scratched glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty