Will Samsung soon have 2.5 million refurbished N7s for sale?

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung will exchange US Galaxy Note 7 devices as early as next week!

It can be true because they now know what company had the bad batteries. So the one that had the good batteries can continue to make them.

Cappaccinodagreat

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

Anyone excited about the possibility of exchanging their device through Samsung should call them and see how that goes. I did and after god knows how long on the phone and 2 supervisors the response was "we arent handling exchanges, you will need to visit your carrier"

Yes, I experienced the same thing. I was told.... "we sell to the carrier. That's who we have an agreement with. They sell to you. You have an agreement with them. How ever your carrier handles the recall is how it will work for you."

I called because T-Mobile was telling me some stuff on the phone that didnt seem to make sense. I hope they all get on the same page as time goes on.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I thought I read somewhere they made 2.5 million of the bad phones, 1 million are in customers hands. If that's that case, they have 1.5 million that they can fix and sell as new since they haven't been used yet. Maybe I read it wrong.

If that's the case, the 1.5 million phones might be what they are going to use to swap out with current owners on the recall.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I thought I read somewhere they made 2.5 million of the bad phones, 1 million are in customers hands. If that's that case, they have 1.5 million that they can fix and sell as new since they haven't been used yet. Maybe I read it wrong.

If that's the case, the 1.5 million phones might be what they are going to use to swap out with current owners on the recall.

I doubt very seriously unsold phones will be sold. They will repair every device. They uphold quality and safety. This isn't their fault. Unfortunately it can happen and Samsung caught it. I have been a Samsung user well over 20 yrs. And will continue to do so.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

Exactly. Rome wasn't built in a day. It will happen. Patience.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I doubt very seriously unsold phones will be sold. They will repair every device. They uphold quality and safety. This isn't their fault. Unfortunately it can happen and Samsung caught it. I have been a Samsung user well over 20 yrs. And will continue to do so.
You don't think they will fix them and sell them? I'm going to exchange mine, keeping the note 7 myself, it's a great phone

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
You don't think they will fix them and sell them? I'm going to exchange mine, keeping the note 7 myself, it's a great phone

Did you not read what I said. Unsold phones will also be fixed. They aren't going to neglect that..all devices will be checked out is what I was saying.
I.love my note as well. Will be holding out for the replacement

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Did you not read what I said. Unsold phones will also be fixed. They aren't going to neglect that..all devices will be checked out is what I was saying.
I.love my note as well. Will be holding out for the replacement
I skipped over your second sentence, I seen the underlined sentence and completely missed the second one.

b8ac0f73665ad8afa655fdba2cdf6773.jpg

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Since the defective part is the battery, changing the battery to a non-defective one doesn't make the phone a refurb.

In the usa, once sold, it cannot be sold as new again, even if the item works fine and customer changed their mind and returned it. It could be sold as open box or whatever.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I mentioned elsewhere... this issue could create possibly the best buying opportunity to get a phone once this all pssses and production is back to normal with Note 7 v2.0 and rest of line. Hoping we'll start seeing the N7 heavily discounted heading into holidays.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Apple is about to suck out all the air in the room next week with the 7 announcement next week and launch at end of month heading into the holiday season. Samsung will have to do something to salvage any targets they had for the Note 7 and reaccelerate any momentum. Sales foes down over time, not up. You can't be holding onto anything for "several months." Otherwise you'll end up cutting your losses and doing fire sales. Pun intended.

To a buyer on the fence it's great. I'm looking for at least $100 knock off."

Nah, they'll probably hold on to them for several months, to stop the price from dropping.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I bet they wish they would have made a removeable battery now ! LOL

This would have been bad for several customers like me. I send back the battery and have no phone to use because there aren't any good batteries for these phones yet. Right now you can return the phone and get another one.

Although it would have been easier for Samsung and cheaper. Maybe that will make then rethink this. Money speaks to companies like that.

Except of course the exploded phones that are entirely unusable. Removable battery or not wouldn't matter.

Back on topic, since I had problems pre-ordering and other things came up, maybe a good deal on the refurbished note 7 will benefit me. I still want one even though curved screens aren't my favorite idea.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Cool, hope to get a deal !

Yes I am hoping they will, at least, lower pricing to match apples base iPhone 7 plus pricing. So we will see what that is. Then probably try to undercut it to go against their momentum.

I'm hoping that also translates into their business account pricing.

Because currently before explosion-gate, business pricing on a new Note 7 was $600. To give an idea how popular and strong pricing was... Through business account, I can still get an iPhone 6 for $99, the 6s at $199 and we just got a 32gb 6 plus for a user for $399 which I consider the Note equivalent... Note $200 over the iPhone equivalent.

I am hoping that ATT will eventually lower the Note 7 to that price. I expect them to lower in some way. Even a $100 then I'll go for it. Otherwise I'll probably go with an iPhone 7 at Business pricing and see what the Note 8 looks like in 12 months.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87