Note 7 - Battery Issue (Discussion Here)

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
The bank lady just asked me.. Is that that new exploding Note 7? I said yep. Asks aren't I afraid it will blow up? Nope. 😂

Next time someone asks you that you could say something like: Nope its the old exploding Note 7, because the government is preventing us from replacing it with the new exploding Note 7s.

soulsmilen

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Potential SERIOUS situation with Battery built-in (Unremoveable)

On another forum* thread regarding a locked up phone (making loud noises, etc) brings to mind another SERIOUS problem I have just remembered, a situation I have experienced already...

How many of us have had "problems" with our Phones in the past where they have Locked Up and wouldn't shut down even with the Power Button (holding down for multiple seconds even) where the ONLY option was to remove the Battery?? I have certainly experienced this scenario a few times over the years with my Note 4 and 2 and S2.

So. Say this happens to us, even with electrical appliances, machinery can always "crash"/hard freeze/blue screen of death, etc. Computers are notorious for this.

So now what, with an unremoveable Battery, that seems most likely one of the most stupidest/unsafest (potentially dangerous/hazardous) designs that have literally been forced upon us.

(And conspiracy theorists have always said "they" can always listen in to your phone/track you, etc, even when it's turned off, the only way to make sure you are FREE from this is to remove the Battery.

Hmmm. Think people. Think!

* The other forum I posted this in was xda and it got closed down. This here is a copy & paste, but as a loyal Samsung customer/user of 6 years (Galaxy S2, Note 2, Note 4, and expecting a Note 7), please don't shut this down. I don't know why it was shut down there?

I've had every Note (sans previous Edge version) and several other Androids.. Have never had a phone do that. Not saying it isn't possible, have just never experienced it, nor have I heard about it from anyone else I know.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I charge my Note 7 daily on a Samsung wireless charger at home and another one at work. Occasionally use a 3rd party charger in my car. Not worried at all. I will get a new one when they are available.

Allnicksgone

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
Most of the time my phone stays cool when I charge it.

Twice it got warm enough to concern me. Each time I unplugged the USB from phone , and turned the power off to cool. Then I plug it back in, and it would get too warm again.

Then I unplugged the charger from the wall, and it was quite warm also. But I happened to notice each time that I didn't have the wider of the two prongs lined up with the wider slot in the outlet.

After properly lining them up, my phone and charger remained cool for duration of charging.

****edit *****
Never mind, the prongs are the same size. My angle of view made them appear different. But unplugging from the wall and reversing prongs did seem to help.

Last edited:

afolgueira

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
use the hell out of the note today, have been on the charger a long time too while driving didnt even get hot. I took a shower today too. I'll let you guys know if it explodes, i have a camera handy just in case!

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Makes no difference for mine... fast charge at h9me, fast charge in the car, whatev... it stays cool.... that charger itself may get warm, but the phone stays normal...

Idk... for a potentially explosive device, it sure duz werk gewd

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Can't edit for some reason... odd...

That being said... If if something else "close" comes along between now and 9/30 I may echange... otherwise, I'll be at vzw be getting a refund on 9/30... ain't worth the hassle after that

Allnicksgone

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
Can't edit for some reason... odd...

That being said... If if something else "close" comes along between now and 9/30 I may echange... otherwise, I'll be at vzw be getting a refund on 9/30... ain't worth the hassle after that

If I can't get a new note by then, I also plan on getting a refund. Then I'll buy one when they go back on sale to the general public. I'm sure they'll have great promotions and more free gifts.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Most of the time my phone stays cool when I charge it.

Twice it got warm enough to concern me. Each time I unplugged the USB from phone , and turned the power off to cool. Then I plug it back in, and it would get too warm again.

Then I unplugged the charger from the wall, and it was quite warm also. But I happened to notice each time that I didn't have the wider of the two prongs lined up with the wider slot in the outlet.

After properly lining them up, my phone and charger remained cool for duration of charging.

****edit *****
Never mind, the prongs are the same size. My angle of view made them appear different. But unplugging from the wall and reversing prongs did seem to help.

Turn off rapid charging :) I confuse the terms fast and rapid with Motorola phones.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 7 - Battery Issue Discussion Here

Exactly my point. Everyone is assuming they know the details of all these cases. I very badly wanted to believe my phone would be okay but there is just no concrete evidence of anything. I just can't risk it. And unless you work at Samsung or have been in touch with them on a very high level, I don't believe anybody knows the details of every case. Then when a new case comes out, everyone assumes it's a hoax. I'm the queen of denial but not to the point of putting myself in danger. Odds are my phone was good. I'll get another when the dust clears and all is fixed but there is obviously a problem with some. I'm not confident enough to risk it. And no mine hasn't heated up, charging it twice a day on fast charge in 100 degree warehouse (work). But without communication from the ones who really know what happened it seemed a better move to be safe.

I returned mine tonight aka yesterday with the double exchange at Verizon. Verizon is allowing Note7 users to exchange to a different device and then return it for the replacement Note 7. I wasn't taking any chances. Have the edge7. I miss my note7. I have always been Samsung and note user. I am glad Verizon has made this decision for Note7 users. Makes it easier on us and less stressed. I agree. I think it might take longer but SAFETY first

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 7 - Battery Issue Discussion Here

I returned mine tonight aka yesterday with the double exchange at Verizon. Verizon is allowing Note7 users to exchange to a different device and then return it for the replacement Note 7. I wasn't taking any chances. Have the edge7. I miss my note7. I have always been Samsung and note user. I am glad Verizon has made this decision for Note7 users. Makes it easier on us and less stressed. I agree. I think it might take longer but SAFETY first
Jude526 is the S7 an upgrade from your previous phone you had before you got the Note 7. My Verizon location told me since it was an Upgrade from my previous Note 4. I wound stuck with the S7 or Note 5 if longer then the 14 days and if within the 14 days there will be a restocking fee. Did you get anything in writing?

dvarapala

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
use the hell out of the note today, have been on the charger a long time too while driving didnt even get hot. I took a shower today too. I'll let you guys know if it explodes, i have a camera handy just in case!

You should set up one of those 343,000 fps cameras so you can capture the explosion in super slo-mo. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa