Found my original Verizon 64 gb black onyx Note 7...what to do with it?

bceviolist

Oct 22, 2020
Visit site
I had an account on here years ago, but can't remember my pasword, so I re-registered under this account...

So I've had Samsung phones beginning with the S3, then Note 3, Note 4, Note 7, Note 8, and currently Note 10+.

Just the other day, I found my Verizon Note 7 (my second, which replaced the first Note 7 that I had to turn in for the faulty battery). I had used this phone for about 1 week when I got a recall notice on it as well. I backed up all my data to my Note 4, reset the phone, turned it off, and put it away. After moving on with the Note 8, I forgot about my Note 7. I just found it a few days ago, charged it up halfway, and turned it on. I believe it is running the original software, and it is basically new in the box, but for the life of me, I can't think of what I should do with it. Any suggestions? Is it for all intents and purposes a brick since Verizon stopped supporting it?

bceviolist

Oct 22, 2020
Visit site
I don't understand why you didn't turn in the second one.

I'm not sure I understand at this point why I didn't either...probably thinking at the time there was some way I could figure out how to get around the problem since I liked the phone so much. Then when I got the Note 8, I think I forgot all about it. Oh, well.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

bceviolist

Oct 22, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I believe the phone is essentially useless, since it would've received an update that essentially crippled it. This page is probably way out of date, but you could still try calling the number: https://pages.samsung.com/us/note7/recall/index.jsp

Thanks for the link. I think I pulled out the sim card and reset the phone before the crippling update FWIW. As far as the dangerous battery is concerned, I charged it to 50% just to make sure it didn't overheat.