If you haven't used your $20 Samsung Pay Visa Gift card already.....

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
another improvement (and very nice)...

Previously when I wiped my original N7 - I called in (because the app lost the card) and they were going to re-issue it for my s7e loaner.. I told them to hold off until I got my new N7..

imagine my surprise when I updated to the latest version and the card was automatically added back to my new N7!!! :)

it's like it's working like it always should have.. :D

TX Jedi

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
slightly off-topic. I tried to use my rewards once and it didn't work. I know that Samsung Pay itself can be used with most card readers. In order to use rewards, does the establishment have to authorize Samsung Pay?

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I am in the process of re-setting up my New Note manually. I installed and updated Samsung Pay, and it alerted me that my $20 was ready to use, and I didn't even have to contact the Samsung Pay dept. for that! That new update is going to be very helpful to the new Note owners!!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Well this is good sothing working like its supost too , guess they dident want 2.2 million calls to reset samsung pay.
I use it all the time , hope it's more secure like its supost to be than my debit card

dvarapala

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I used all but $2 from my $20 gift card, so I was prepared to kiss it goodbye, but I tried restoring the card anyway. I tried twice, and got an error message both times, but shortly after that I got a notification that my $2 gift card had been successfully added and the card now shows up in my card deck.

Way to go Samsung! :cool:

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I used all but $2 from my $20 gift card, so I was prepared to kiss it goodbye, but I tried restoring the card anyway. I tried twice, and got an error message both times, but shortly after that I got a notification that my $2 gift card had been successfully added and the card now shows up in my card deck.

Way to go Samsung! :cool:

So that was a card restore on your replacement phone?

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
So that was a card restore on your replacement phone?
The 2.3 update that I posted a screen shot of, now has the ability to restore the Samsung gift card once you sign in..
But you probably figured that out already..

Fyi: Don't forget, there's another $10 for using Samsung pay on the new N7 too

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
The 2.3 update that I posted a screen shot of, now has the ability to restore the Samsung gift card once you sign in..

Thanks for the great post.
Hope to get the new 7 to collect the $10 use SP all the time.

cary328is

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
The $0.34 cents I had remaining was successfully restored in my new replacement Note 7:D! Now to find a gumball machine that takes Samsung Pay!

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
The $0.34 cents I had remaining was successfully restored in my new replacement Note 7:D! Now to find a gumball machine that takes Samsung Pay!
Use the Samsung pay and get the $10 for using it on the new Note 7 for rhe first time..... If you want to get rid of the whole $10.34 at once. Go to a gas station and go inside and ask for the reaming balance on the pump....

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I had $.02 left on my card and it automatically moved over to the new phone today. As soon as I set up Samsung Pay it came over.

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Never had the opportunity to spend my original gift card from Samsung. Did the exchange today at VZW. Got home and fired up Samsung Pay (after I added my various accounts under the accounts option including Samsung) and my Samsung gift card was there. Added my bank card and all is as it should be. Perhaps the difference is that I signed into my Samsung account before firing up Samsung Pay? Just a thought....

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Never had the opportunity to spend my original gift card from Samsung. Did the exchange today at VZW. Got home and fired up Samsung Pay (after I added my various accounts under the accounts option including Samsung) and my Samsung gift card was there. Added my bank card and all is as it should be. Perhaps the difference is that I signed into my Samsung account before firing up Samsung Pay? Just a thought....
It's the new update that now, automatically adds the gift card back.. Samsung more than likely added this because a lot of people need cards restored due to the recall.... Frees up the telephone lines for CSR's

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
That's wierd cause my balance I had left over on my other note 7 carried over and when I made my first purchase on the replacement another 10 dollars was added to the first promotion card they gave me

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It's the new update that now, automatically adds the gift card back.. Samsung more than likely added this because a lot of people need cards restored due to the recall.... Frees up the telephone lines for CSR's

So now I am thinking the reason why it took three weeks to get my $20 refilled was because Samsung was waiting until it had a good fix for the situation. Thank you for all the info. Now I will look forward to using the new phone and getting the new $10 and having $30 to go toward a nice dinner for husband and me.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site

I tried to get the $10 with my first purchase using Samsung Pay on my new note, and it didn't seem to register for that promotion. You think it's something worth calling Samsung Pay support over? I still have the $20 on my new Note too.