Always on Display has gone from beautiful to ugly with green battery icon

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Always on Display has gone from beautiful to hideous with green battery icon

That display should turn red at 10%, at least you would think so...
Thank you! In general I don't like it. But that's really been bugging me since I got the phone this afternoon. A green battery icon to me, means there's plenty of charge left. Definitely should change to red at 10% less.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I just feel as though they could have made the defective units be the ones with a new battery icon. Change it to a time bomb icon or something. And leave ours white and uniform. The update could've been pushed in the middle of the night like this one was for a lot of people, and therefore defective Note owners could've done nothing to stop it.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Reported and completely uncalled for.

Someone doesn't like something and you immediately have to jump to insults like that? Are you paid to defend the green icon? People on here make fun of others who don't like something "insignificant", yet they put way more effort into insulting those people while trying to say it's not that big of a deal.

Yeah, the ironies in his post had me laughing lol. I'll let the mods handle the green icon police as well.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Always on Display has gone from beautiful to hideous with green battery icon

Thank you! In general I don't like it. But that's really been bugging me since I got the phone this afternoon. A green battery icon to me, means there's plenty of charge left. Definitely should change to red at 10% less.

I agree, that would make sense. Would rather the icon remain white (at least on the AOD) but turning red on low battery would bring some utility to it at least.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I just feel as though they could have made the defective units be the ones with a new battery icon. Change it to a time bomb icon or something. And leave ours white and uniform. The update could've been pushed in the middle of the night like this one was for a lot of people, and therefore defective Note owners could've done nothing to stop it.

Ok. I know I'm wrong for this cause it ain't funny but it is funny lol. I keep laughing at the time bomb icon😂😂😂😂😂

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
LegalAmerican, you are on to something! That would have been a great idea! However, they didn't - I see "tourbound129's" point, only on the AOD screen. It doesn't bother me at the top edge at all. I have an all white AOD with a really nice Dragon's Skull and all of a sudden, there's this green spec... it just kind of sticks out, that's all. It serves a necessary purpose and I will live with it for that reason. Hopefully, the word gets out to Airlines and the general public so our ugly Green Specs really serve their purpose now?

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Isn't it enough that the battery icon at the top of the phone is green now? Why the always-on display too? It's downright ugly, especially if you colored your AOD as the green clashes.

I didn't think the green battery would bug, but it does, kinda

Downloaded a cool green wallpaper from Zedge and changed the always on display to green and free background and now all is good!!!

eho7tk

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Its so ugly...
Tried to change the clock color to green but they dont have the same color either.
I really hope they can go back to white icon in the later updates.

Che Minati

May 11, 2014
Visit site

Yes, seriously.

Because some of us don't want neon green on our AOD... especially if we've chosen one of the gradient clock color options and have a coral blue phone. It's not a huge deal, it's just very ugly and ruins any chance of the colors on your AOD matching, especially if your phone is coral blue.

I posted two photos... they're pending moderator approval.

I originally had the stealth black onyx..but since tmobile only had the blue coral for swap outs..and my back glass was scratched bad..i figured the phone is awesome no matter the color finally after some pissing and mumbles went with the blue here's my aod..i like it for my first attempt to blend the colors of this notes exterior..what ya think?

1838.jpg

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site

How can I hide the status bar showing the green battery icon and everything else? Without having to root the phone? I just downloaded a cool battery widget to use. But seeing the widget plus the battery icon is kind of stupid so I want to hide it. I know there is a way to do it but I just don't know what to do.

Che Minati

May 11, 2014
Visit site
How can I hide the status bar showing the green battery icon and everything else? Without having to root the phone? I just downloaded a cool battery widget to use. But seeing the widget plus the battery icon is kind of stupid so I want to hide it. I know there is a way to do it but I just don't know what to do.

Nova launcher could solve that for ya :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sergio1