Note 7 - Battery Life (Replacement Devices)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadeonHD4250

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Re: Battery Life has been phenomenal with the new Replacement Note 7 's

Marathoners are always going to get better Screen on Time.

A marathoner is simply a person who uses their phone as much as possible.

If you use your phone simply for texting, making a phone call and browsing here and there you'll have less SoT but more Standby / Uptime.

I'll be impressed when I see a user with 6+ hours SoT with 48 hours + of standby.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

Amazing battery life with the VZW replacement N7!

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

Marathoners are always going to get better Screen on Time.

A marathoner is simply a person who uses their phone as much as possible.

If you use your phone simply for texting, making a phone call and browsing here and there you'll have less SoT but more Standby / Uptime.

I'll be impressed when I see a user with 6+ hours SoT with 48 hours + of standby.
I got 6.5 hours SOT with almost 2 days of standby time mainly because I spent the last 30 minutes of SOT trying to kill it (as you can tell on the tail end of the graph) before I went to bed. If I would have gone to bed when it was at 8-10% battery life remaining and 6+ hours SOT and not put the phone on the charger it would have been 48 hours of standby time with 6+ hours SOT in the morning. All of this without handicapping the device.
173ebcbb58d05c79f7dc59a3cb1bb881.jpg
6f5b26a6b051e7ad1bb85e06637c8a0a.jpg

RadeonHD4250

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site

I got 6.5 hours SOT with almost 2 days of standby time mainly because I spent the last 30 minutes of SOT trying to kill it (as you can tell on the tail end of the graph) before I went to bed. If I would have gone to bed when it was at 8-10% battery life remaining and 6+ hours SOT and not put the phone on the charger it would have been 48 hours of standby time with 6+ hours SOT in the morning. All of this without handicapping the device.//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160926/173ebcbb58d05c79f7dc59a3cb1bb881.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160926/6f5b26a6b051e7ad1bb85e06637c8a0a.jpg

Color me impressed. Almost every screenshot I've seen normally has 6 hours SoT with less than a full days of use. Usually between 17-20 hours.

This is the kind of battery life that should be the norm, not an exception.

canonuevo

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

I got 6.5 hours SOT with almost 2 days of standby time mainly because I spent the last 30 minutes of SOT trying to kill it (as you can tell on the tail end of the graph) before I went to bed. If I would have gone to bed when it was at 8-10% battery life remaining and 6+ hours SOT and not put the phone on the charger it would have been 48 hours of standby time with 6+ hours SOT in the morning. All of this without handicapping the device.//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160926/173ebcbb58d05c79f7dc59a3cb1bb881.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160926/6f5b26a6b051e7ad1bb85e06637c8a0a.jpg

Nice! Are you using package disabler to disable anything? What are your settings?

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

I have been getting great battery life.
ffc9f33f64c60a3a664daa88136de710.jpg

Stealthieone

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site

How did you get that?

mickeyboat

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site

From what I read, Samsung said all the fires were with a single battery manufacturer's batteries, none with their second source. So, they just stopped using the bad battery manufacturer's batteries. Since they had been previously been shipping Note 7's with both batteries, I do not see how replaced phone batteries would be any different than half the previous shipments.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

People who claim to get 3 days on one charge always will because they are obsessed with it. Those of us who heavily use our phones will always get 3 to 4 hours max. JMO

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
Battery Life has been phenomenal with the new Replacement Note 7 's

3hrs 50min on battery since taking it off the charger this morning. It's at 53 percent. Is that good? It just seems like I got more use out of my old note 7. I charge overnight and have to charge again in the afternoon

That is really good if you mean SOT.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

Nice! Are you using package disabler to disable anything? What are your settings?

How did you get that?

Ditto...have no idea how you are getting that??

People who claim to get 3 days on one charge always will because they are obsessed with it. Those of us who heavily use our phones will always get 3 to 4 hours max. JMO
My setup isnt too dramatic or anything.

As soon as I received my replacement Note 7 I did a clean install, no smartswitch or cloud backup stuff.

I turn on the device and skip all the account setup to let it initialize everything it does on first boot.

Once that's done I go into settings and turn off all the motion gestures I don't use, which is most of them except double tap home for camera.

I change display to Basic and set the display to auto with the slider about a tick below the halfway point.

I then setup my Google account to sync mail, contacts and calendar but I change Google Play to not auto update apps since I wait to update my apps when I want to.

First app I install is the Samsung Package Disabler Pro and de bloat my device.

I turn off WiFi scanning, turn on developer options and change animations to .5, turn on BT and pair my headset, install Nova Launcher and use a dark wallpaper and then install the rest of my apps (about 30).

I also disable the built in app optimization because I've noticed when that activates it actually makes my battery life worse. I rather handle the battery optimization myself than let the system automate it.

Can't think of anything else special that I do. When I use my device heavily I will charge every day but can go almost 2 days typically on weekends. Either way I get 6+ hours SOT but if I'm traveling a lot through low signal areas (I'm usually in good T-Mobile signal area though) then my SOT will suffer. It can drop to as low as 4 hours. I think that's one of the biggest factors when it comes to battery life. This Note 7 however is definitely better than my previous Note 7 in the exact same conditions.

Last edited:

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Verizon battery life is good because that did not dump that whole update on us like T-Mobile got.
I'm sure it's coming though.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site

I have the Verizon edition with the double stickers on the box and it was manufactured on 09-01-2016
This one has been way better then the original.

The Verizon model number changed from SMN930VZKA to SMN930VZKB
I believe that the "B" is the version 2 from Verizon.

I don't believe any Verizon Note 7 has V2 on the sticker.
How can I verify this info? I want to see when my manufacturer date was

Stealthieone

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site

My setup isnt too dramatic or anything.

As soon as I received my replacement Note 7 I did a clean install, no smartswitch or cloud backup stuff.

I turn on the device and skip all the account setup to let it initialize everything it does on first boot.

Once that's done I go into settings and turn off all the motion gestures I don't use, which is most of them except double tap home for camera.

I change display to Basic and set the display to auto with the slider about a tick below the halfway point.

I then setup my Google account to sync mail, contacts and calendar but I change Google Play to not auto update apps since I wait to update my apps when I want to.

First app I install is the Samsung Package Disabler Pro and de bloat my device.

I turn off WiFi scanning, turn on developer options and change animations to .5, turn on BT and pair my headset, install Nova Launcher and use a dark wallpaper and then install the rest of my apps (about 30).

I also disable the built in app optimization because I've noticed when that activates it actually makes my battery life worse. I rather handle the battery optimization myself than let the system automate it.

Can't think of anything else special that I do. When I use my device heavily I will charge every day but can go almost 2 days typically on weekends. Either way I get 6+ hours SOT but if I'm traveling a lot through low signal areas (I'm usually in good T-Mobile signal area though) then my SOT will suffer. It can drop to as low as 4 hours. I think that's one of the biggest factors when it comes to battery life. This Note 7 however is definitely better than my previous Note 7 in the exact same conditions.

Where's the built in app optimization that you're referring to?

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

The new battery on the Replacement Note 7 is Fantastic.
Wondering if it is the actual Battery or that latest update?

Agreed. Muddy got mine today and it's amazing. When the phone was all set up on att and handed to me it had 75%. I downloaded all my apps over cellular and set them all up and had 60% left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress