Tempted to Exchange for S7

techno_techie

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Well. I left my Note 4 for a new Note, but the easy scratching is a pain. Before exchanging the phone, there was already a scratch on the home button (how, no clue), and fine scratches on the screen using the Samsung clear case (folio). Now my replacement which I've kept the plastic stickies on until I get a screen protector already has scratches on the edge. I'm kinda done with this phone. I do not see the edge as a feature and finding a case has been a pain along with a screen protector.

Is there any point besides the pen in keeping the Note? The camera specs are the same as the S7 correct? I hate losing the pen but to have the ease of protecting an $800 device is appealing. Thoughts?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You get the same camera, but you get a smaller screen (higher resolution, though), smaller battery, and less internal storage. But it is cheaper.

And of course, the S-Pen, but you already mentioned that.

Last edited:

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Oh man, leaving the Note 7 to go to the S7 would make me one of the most miserable consumers in the world (first world problem, I know.....)

Honestly though, if you can't see the myriad of differences between the two, maybe that's a positive thing for you so that you're able to still appreciate something like the S7 and not feel that you have to have the better device. The differences between the two that make the Note 7 better go so unbelievably far past just the S pen, but i'm a big fan of Note devices and the edge screen, so that may be why I feel that way. My wife has the S7 and I swear it puts me to sleep to use it, it is so boring.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
edit: just noticed someone else posted the same in post 2: You'll also lose half of your internal storage. Though you can still add a micro sd.
The Grace UX software is suppose to come to the S7, though nothing listed as to when.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
If you don't care about the s-pen, The S7 is a solid phone and getting probably the best camera on smartphone and probably smoother and faster interface than the Note 7.

The only thing that puts it in the bottom of my buy list is the 5" screen. That's what I don't like about the iPhone 6 I'm using in between phones. Around 5.2" is my sweet spot.

If you really want to save money but have a flagship phone that really performs fast but you give a little in others like slightly lower camera and stuff... research OnePlus3 and ZTE Axon 7 for only $400!

Depending on if you think 5 months is too far or not that far... S8 will be out and if it has the rumored 5.2" screen I think it would be awesome but rumor is will also have the Note 7 style glass.

If you really not into the s-pen... I don't think the Note 7 is worth the $900... OnePlus3 or ZTE and save $500 definitely outweigh the few class leading features. IMO.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I had an S7 as a loaner while waiting for my Note 7 replacement. I thought the S7 was the same size as the S7 Edge but it's not, it's quite a bit smaller. It was a huge downgrade from the Note line and I was miserable using that phone, luckily it was for only 1 week. I'd go into a store and check it out in person first.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I have the S7 and the S7 edge now.

It's the flagship phone, still top of the line BUT the regular S7 the screen is too small!! Get the S7 Edge then. The edge is close to the same size as the Note 7. I have the Edge and IMO it seems faster and more stable than my Note 7 was.

IMO get the S7 edge. better than the standard S7. I plan on getting the S8 Edge most likely next year.

subguy812

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I purchased an S7. I was offered an S7 Edge loaner and the subtle differences in Touchwiz on the Note7 made me miss the Note 7. I would rank them Note 7 >S7 Edge>S7 and to me I was miserable with the smaller S7 screen. The S7 Edge was fine but don't let people convince you it is a Note 7 without the S-Pen because it isn't.

Christine Aflak

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I had an S7 as a loaner while waiting for my Note 7 replacement. I thought the S7 was the same size as the S7 Edge but it's not, it's quite a bit smaller. It was a huge downgrade from the Note line and I was miserable using that phone, luckily it was for only 1 week. I'd go into a store and check it out in person first.

Same here. I hated the small size and huge bezels as well as the mediocre battery life. It's Note or nothing for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa