Maximize your Samsung Promos

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaddupdoe

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone successfully had their VR content ported to the new phone?

Im still waiting, called Samsung about this on Sat, was told I would have a response in 48 hours, never got it and rep was pretty clueless on what I was even talking about. Called back Tuesday, rep was a little bit more helpful, took my imei and wi-fi mac # which the previous rep never took. Told me that my ticket would be escalated and I should here a response via email either Friday or Monday.

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Im still waiting, called Samsung about this on Sat, was told I would have a response in 48 hours, never got it and rep was pretty clueless on what I was even talking about. Called back Tuesday, rep was a little bit more helpful, took my imei and wi-fi mac # which the previous rep never took. Told me that my ticket would be escalated and I should here a response via email either Friday or Monday.

Thats exactly what I was told. Maybe that means they are progressing towards a solution. Of course they should have been ready for this since Samsung actually mentioned it in an email.

Samsung: If this happens, do this. Us: This happened, now I'm doing what you told me to do. Samsung: Lol, whut?

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, I guess there will be more threads now with people saying how they just got their 5th free item after going to an s7 Edge again, if they decide to recall before the promo ends. Today is my 14th day and I am not amused.

whaddupdoe

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Samsung: If this happens, do this. Us: This happened, now I'm doing what you told me to do. Samsung: Lol, whut?
Pretty much summarizes the convo lol.

Here is an email I just received about this from Samsung. I opened the app but didn't have anything new or didn't in the "Not Installed" section that I didn't have before. I'M also currently at work and I don't have my VR with so cant try it that way at the moment.

how to do a screen shot

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok i just got my replacement N7 so how can i take advantage of the promo and get the gear VR etc? This promo is for the s7 but i have a note 7 with another invoice that came with my replacement. Thanks for any and all help.

Blazeeofglory

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Here's the number to call Samsung about the gear VR bonus content and or changing IMEI/WI-FI mac address.

800 726 7864
Prompt - 1-1-5-2

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Got my VR in the mail today using the receipt from the replacement phone. Got the 256gb card with the first promo.
Kinda wish there was an option for something else as I don't see myself using the VR much and my kids would probably dig it, but I don't want to keep giving them my phone all the time - LOL. I'd be much more interested in the S3 watch. Too bad I can't use the VR toward the purchase price of that. How do you all like that Gear fit watch? Maybe I should work a trade...

Samsmome

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Ok so does anyone know if the VR bonus content is connected to the VR serial number and the phones IMEI? The VR for my S7edge loaner just came in and no bonus content appears when I hooked up with the N7... The N7 promo VR will be in tomorrow so I'm assuming once I hook up the N7 with that one, the bonus content will appear...

I too signed up for the vr with the loaner s7 edge. Just received the vr today. Got it set up with account and app downloaded. Nothing under not installed.
Move ahead couple of hours, opened oculus app on phone. The free apps showed up under not installed.
I didn't even make a call Samsung.
Hopes this helps!

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I too signed up for the vr with the loaner s7 edge. Just received the vr today. Got it set up with account and app downloaded. Nothing under not installed.
Move ahead couple of hours, opened oculus app on phone. The free apps showed up under not installed.
I didn't even make a call Samsung.
Hopes this helps!
Glad it worked out for you but that's not the case for me... I've had my Oculus account setup on one of the devices I ordered the VR's with, since Tuesday and still no content...

Status
Not open for further replies.