Note 7 vs Google Pixels - Staying with N7!

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: Note 7 still better then the Google Pixel phones

Note 7 is a better deal. Note 7 has more features for around the same price or less. Also, better resale value with Samsung. Pixel phones more than likely won't catch on considering it isn't sold by all carriers.

Also, the design looks REALLY basic. I'm thinking Huawei would have done a better job with the design.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I appreciate why some do not care about storage, but I will take my 192 more GB, bigger display, pen, Gear VR BE and better camera over the cloud bait known as Pixel.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

That huge bezel they lost me. Too much like an Iphone. No phone compares the the Note 7 still.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Google needs to go back to the drawing board with these Pixels; so underwhelming to the point of disappointing.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Note7 has it beat in everything except for speed. The pixel is just stock android, so of course it'll be faster but barely. The thing is hideous. The back has two different finishes and a white front? Really? And then the huge bezels. I could never leave a jewel (note7) for a toy. I think Google flopped with this one.

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Cost more than note with a contract lost me there too... price point and what they offering vs what other offer lost me... while the hardware sound solid the price does not...

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
7a5870b618f051e7bd66fcb736b4aa30.gif

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Note7 has it beat in everything except for speed. The pixel is just stock android, so of course it'll be faster but barely. The thing is hideous. The back has two different finishes and a white front? Really? And then the huge bezels. I could never leave a jewel (note7) for a toy. I think Google flopped with this one.
Think we watched two different rollouts. What do you think that their goal today was?

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one who think that this new Pixel phones are fugly with an unbelievably huge bezels and uninspiring back design (well, really, design in general) and way overpriced?

I mean, I respect everyone's opinion and obviously this is pure opinions of my part, but man, I was waiting for Google to announce this so I could decide if I was going to buy it to accompany my Axon 7 (daily driver for the past month and really a Flagship device for just $400) and my S7 edge, but since I began seeing leaked images this weekend, I immediately discarded it and looked for a good deal on Swappa for a brand new sealed Blue Note 7 and I'm waiting for this Thursday to arrive.

Pretty much what I said in the OP.
Completely agree!

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Think we watched two different rollouts. What do you think that their goal today was?

Well it was an announcement of their new phone; said phone just happens to be very boring given the competition.

It's as if they started developing these phones in 2013 and didn't bother upgrading their requirements to tie in with what the market would expect in 2016

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't compare it to a Note 7 and not sure why people are except maybe people are thinking it's Googles best vs the worlds best.

But I will say that except with the updated specs of sd821 and camera which I find modest updates (not an 830 and the camera has no OIS) or 2017 level updates (the S8 is rumored to have the sd830)... I don't really see anything special in the hardware that would justify the premium price... they could have put the whole software in a OnePlus3 or Axon 7 and sell it fo $400. imo.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Pixel looks like a Android iPhone.....bland phone and no hardware features....eh...I would pick a note 7 any day if they they came out the same time

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
1 point higher....who would notice lol and it doesn't have ois.....
DXO also said that the pixels software only stabilization was one of the best they've tested. And the lack of OIS on stills didn't seem to impact the score and quality at all.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
DXO also said that the pixels software only stabilization was one of the best they've tested. And the lack of OIS on stills didn't seem to impact the score and quality at all.
And DXO was probably given some type of ad-supported incentive by google to increase their score...we will see when real camera test reviews show up besides the dxo one...once again no one will notice a difference especially by one point plus ois is necessary in certain camera situations.....they also have not shown it's true low light test results

Last edited:

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I want to like my N7 but I am experiencing poor battery performance/battery drain. Thought maybe the Pixel would have a good battery life as well but from what I ready, only 7 hours??

Will continue to use my N7 for the 14 days return policy and will decide afterwards. Might just go back to my trusty iphone 6s plus..

You either have a bad device or something wrong with app or installation. Oculus as example is causing problems (if that is on yours), but an update fixes it. Web view also has causes some problems.

Battery life for me and my medium to heavy use is 4.5 SOT in QHD and over 5.5 SOT in FHD. I leave mine in FHD since see no difference (still looks great) and runs apps cooler including Maps. I only change to QHD for Gear VR.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
And DXO was probably given some type of ad-supported incentive by google to increase their score...we will see when real camera test reviews show up besides the dxo one...once again no one will notice a difference especially by one point plus ois is necessary in certain camera situations.....they also have not shown it's true low light test results
Please provide empirical evidence for this wildly bat crap crazy theory that has been making the rounds today.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't compare it to a Note 7 and not sure why people are except maybe people are thinking it's Googles best vs the worlds best.

People here are comparing to the Note 7 because it is a Note 7 forum. People here, mostly, own or are thinking about buying one. The comparison is relevant for that reason. I was interested in the XL today because I can still return my Note if I was interested. In the end, I am not interested.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member