Texting with S Pen

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I know how to use the samsung keyboard and s pen to convert handwriting to text, but is there a way to just write with the S pen and send what you're writing? Basically, is there a way to text a note from within the messaging app, or do you have to save a note, and then send after the fact? This may be a dumb question, but if iOS 10 allows users to text what they're writing with their fingers, I'm assuming the Note allows us to text whatever we're writing without having to save it as a note first. Am I wrong? Thanks!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes. If you hover the S-Pen over any text input field (messaging app included) you should see a handwriting option pop up. Just select that, and the handwriting 'keyboard' will appear. Whatever you write there will get converted into text. You can 'summon' that from the stock Samsung keyboard as well (see kelllyjdrummer's response above)

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I know how to use the samsung keyboard and s pen to convert handwriting to text

So, I read your post to indicate that you did not want to use the handwriting-to-text conversion.

You can share Screen write without saving, but then you have to find the right background...

kellyjdrummer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Dammit. My post disappeared.
Simple answer; With the keyboard open, touch the text entry field on the page or message app, press and hold the small mic on the keyboard, tap the T with a pen next to it.
Write.
This is an example in S Note, however, any text entry field will substitute for S Note. You get the entry field by pressing and holding the mic, then tap the "T" with a pen next to it.
ac3b7fd3a6f288436cc6e5a740bdf9a5.jpg

Last edited:

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm using it now. It doesn't have to save first.
But is it sending a handwritten image or typed text?
If you read the OP carefully, it seems like they're asking for something similar to iPhone Messaging's ability to send "handwritten" notes, not notes that are handwritten and then converted to text.

kellyjdrummer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Typed, instantly.
Yes, I understood the OP but considered this may be an acceptable substitute since there is no second step to save, then send an image, basically.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Dumb me. Sorry, misunderstood your post. Nope, there's no 'easy' or direct way of doing that, I'm afraid. I'm sure someone will come out with a similar 3rd party keyboard now that the feature is on iOS, but as of now, it's not.

You can use the 'Screen Write' option like the above poster suggests, but yeah, that implies an extra step. You can discard the image after sending so you don't have to save it to your gallery.

kellyjdrummer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Dumb me. Sorry, misunderstood your post. Nope, there's no 'easy' or direct way of doing that, I'm afraid. I'm sure someone will come out with a similar 3rd party keyboard now that the feature is on iOS, but as of now, it's not.

You can use the 'Screen Write' option like the above poster suggests, but yeah, that implies an extra step. You can discard the image after sending so you don't have to save it to your gallery.

It seems I missed what exactly was being asked, as well.
I don't know of a solution to this.

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
But is it sending a handwritten image or typed text?
If you read the OP carefully, it seems like they're asking for something similar to iPhone Messaging's ability to send "handwritten" notes, not notes that are handwritten and then converted to text.

This. From the looks of it, there is no way to replicate that feature of iOS 10. Which is silly considering this is a Note and the S pen is the center of so many of its features. Hopefully Samsung will work on integrating something similar for us Note users. And yes, i will continue to be a Note user until there is another official recall.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I know this isn't the spirit of what you asked.. . But perhaps handwrite an s-note and then hit share as a sms?

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I know how to use the samsung keyboard and s pen to convert handwriting to text, but is there a way to just write with the S pen and send what you're writing? Basically, is there a way to text a note from within the messaging app, or do you have to save a note, and then send after the fact? This may be a dumb question, but if iOS 10 allows users to text what they're writing with their fingers, I'm assuming the Note allows us to text whatever we're writing without having to save it as a note first. Am I wrong? Thanks!

Try fiinotes from the app store. 2016-10-08 07.20.21.jpg. This is from my note 4 But it should work as well on the 7

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87