Note 7 - Samsung Burning/Exploding Issue Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Note 7 is dead. T-Mobile will be announcing shortly that it's no longer available or supported, Verizon has halted sales internally and will have official word by Tuesday, Best Buy is not to sell any or provide replacement Note 7s starting tomorrow. Samsung has advised Aussie carrier Telestra they will not be getting anymore Note 7 phones.

Samsung is getting everyone ready for another global recall. Back up your stuff, shut it off.

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Wow! I actually called T-mobile today and they seemed pretty willing to let me turn it in. I just wish they had something I really wanted. They apparently no longer carry the HTC 10, I may just buy one directly from HTC at this point.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Note 7 is dead. T-Mobile will be announcing shortly that it's no longer available or supported, Verizon has halted sales internally and will have official word by Tuesday, Best Buy is not to sell any or provide replacement Note 7s starting tomorrow. Samsung has advised Aussie carrier Telestra they will not be getting anymore Note 7 phones.

Samsung is getting everyone ready for another global recall. Back up your stuff, shut it off.

And there you go. The official end of the Note 7.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Wow! I actually called T-mobile today and they seemed pretty willing to let me turn it in. I just wish they had something I really wanted. They apparently no longer carry the HTC 10, I may just buy one directly from HTC at this point.

Do not buy an HTC 10 to use on T-Mobile. I can't tell you more than there are technical reasons that T-mobile has yet to address.

Edit: that sounds scary. The 10 is safe on T-mo (phone is safe anywhere) but depending on your location, none of the advanced features will work because of network "issues"

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Don't know if this was posted already, but AT&T told me today that they will no longer offer the Note 7. I exchanged mine today for the S 7 Edge. I really loved the Note 7, but I got tired of all the aggravation relating to the phone. Hopefully, all the issues will be completely ironed out for a new Note 8 or something.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Is it me, or is it weird that The Verge is the one repeatedly breaking these "burning Note 7" stories?

The Verge has a unique weekend strategy. Most sites that have a central office and the organization of a "regular" media company treat weekends like most of those regular companies do. For example, it just being me from 6 am Saturday until 6 am Monday. The Verge carries a complete staff and uses a normal scheduling routine.

I'm here in case something happens that needs to be addressed. they have people looking for things to post about. They're really good at it, and it works well for them, partly because they are so good it wouldn't pay for anyone else to spend the money and have a full staff 7 days a week.

Credit to the guys and gals at the verge who have to actually work on the weekend when they're working on the weekend. That would suck :p

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
If Minnesota and Kentucky have sealed my decision, this recent decision by carriers and retailers have put a huge strip of super tape around that sealed lid.

I am returning mine asap. Doing an FDR and backing it up before shutting it down for the last time.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
If Minnesota and Kentucky have sealed my decision, this recent decision by carriers and retailers have put a huge strip of super tape around that sealed lid.

I am returning mine asap. Doing an FDR and backing it up before shutting it down for the last time.

So crazy. Your first Samsung in years , you actually liked it, and then this happens. Coupled with your G4 issues, my God you deserve a reliable phone for once!

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Well he has said that in tweet as far back as 9/26 linked below... so if he knew... Samsung knew??

https://twitter.com/jimcramer/status/780545317578108928

There are exactly zero wires inside a note 7. Anyone who could have any idea of the problem would never say "it's the wiring".

He just wants people to tune into his show, visit his website and buy his books. Nothing wrong with that, but maybe going about it this way is a little slimy.

(he also claimed the Airline bans are because of Apple controlling the airline industry at one point)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty