Note 7 - Samsung Burning/Exploding Issue Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm actually hope they are halting production to say they are have found the issue, making adjustments and will resume production and sales.

This is their flagship phone... their best phone. Part of me thinks it would be an embarrassment and a greater loss of face to just kill it. They have to see it through no matter the cost.. rerelease the phone, show they will support it and do right with it to show their commitment before S8 comes out. They can extend the run date and push Note release at same time at S9 release February '18... S9 S9E and S9Pro.

Guess we'll find out soon enough what they plan to do but I hope they keep going and the carriers give it a shot once they are convinced it's really really fixed.

Same here.

There isn't a real good substitute, so I would suggest getting a refund (if forced) and getting something cheap to use until something better comes along.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm actually hope they are halting production to say they are have found the issue, making adjustments and will resume production and sales.

This is their flagship phone... their best phone. Part of me thinks it would be an embarrassment and a greater loss of face to just kill it. They have to see it through no matter the cost.. rerelease the phone, show they will support it and do right with it to show their commitment before S8 comes out. They can extend the run date and push Note release at same time at S9 release February '18... S9 S9E and S9Pro.

Guess we'll find out soon enough what they plan to do but I hope they keep going and the carriers give it a shot once they are convinced it's really really fixed.

No way. It's done.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I can hope :)

Well I'm itching To get a phone and the Note really got me excited. if the Note is dead then not as excited with the OnePlus3 or ZTE now... guess wait to see S8... guess I can wait for Note 8 if I had to. By then also have to see the 10th anniversary IPhone 8

No way. It's done.

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Damn you, Samsung.

A phone I actually would have kept using for 2 or more years and this.

Nothing else on the market worth buying. Meh.

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
New battery technology?

Is it possible that Samsung with explore new battery tech because of this fiasco? Everything about smart phones has evolved over the years except battery tech so maybe they're will be drastic change in this department.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: New battery technology?

This is what I keep saying they "phone manufactures" need to start focusing on function over form.
Screw premium feel.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Was anything wrong with the S6 or Note5 batteries? I think they just tried to compress them too much to give consumers a bigger battery. Maybe they'll go away from the ultra slim phones and just put in whatever size is deemed safe.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Sadly this forum has become loaded with Samsung haters. Not just talking about the battery issue but reading the Mods on here and the site itself plus this forum has become some kind of witch hunt against the note 7. But here are some site facts...... I made the topic of this thread say why can other companies like Apple get away with some phones catching fire and it was LESS THEN 1 MINUTE LATER CHANGED NOT TO INCLUDE ANYTHING BAD ABOUT APPLE. every time on this site the Iphone is attacked the topic changes. I have both note 7's in my house. I have the 1st and the replacement and i am getting ready to ship the 1st once back. But this site has become like the #debate on tv tonight. The attacks on Samsung and the note 7 have been targeted by many people on this site. Yes there is a problem and use note 7 users have the right to be mad at them and i hope it gets worked out. But the witch hunt by board members on here is very easy to see and targeted as if they're getting paid to put down samsung and the note 7.

Again there is a problem with this phone BUT there is also problems with others who for whatever reason are acting like they're being paid to try and bury Samsung on this site....

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

I keep getting the feeling that this whole issue revolves around the new technology of USB-C cables and 3.1 charging (even though 3.1 isn't supported on the Note 7). Several manufacturers have already pulled USB-C cables from the market, and USB-C cables have been known to overcharge.

To my knowledge, the Note 7 is the only phone to use this technology.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Sadly this forum has become loaded with Samsung haters. Not just talking about the battery issue but reading the Mods on here and the site itself plus this forum has become some kind of witch hunt against the note 7. But here are some site facts...... I made the topic of this thread say why can other companies like Apple get away with some phones catching fire and it was LESS THEN 1 MINUTE LATER CHANGED NOT TO INCLUDE ANYTHING BAD ABOUT APPLE. every time on this site the Iphone is attacked the topic changes. I have both note 7's in my house. I have the 1st and the replacement and i am getting ready to ship the 1st once back. But this site has become like the #debate on tv tonight. The attacks on Samsung and the note 7 have been targeted by many people on this site. Yes there is a problem and use note 7 users have the right to be mad at them and i hope it gets worked out. But the witch hunt by board members on here is very easy to see and targeted as if they're getting paid to put down samsung and the note 7.

Again there is a problem with this phone BUT there is also problems with others who for whatever reason are acting like they're being paid to try and bury Samsung on this site....
This is the Note 7 forum, not the iPhone forum. It has nothing to do with good or bad vs iPhone, it has to do with why does it need to be discussed in the Note 7 forum. Your thread became the main thread to discuss the Note 7 battery issue and Mods closed about 5 other threads to make this the main one.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

First of all

We don't hate devices. Our mod team has used a variety of different phones and we all have our own opinions on them. We do not blindly hate on any device, and we feel that users should do the same.

Second of all, the reason why some posts have been removed was because some posts were violating our rules. It has nothing to do with a love/hate relationship with the phone. We've also closed other threads in order to keep the Note 7 subthread as uncluttered as possible, directing users to this thread in order to discuss about the issue.

Please do not try to assume anything. We do know that other phones have suffered from this fault and we have no favoritism for a particular device.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

I keep getting the feeling that this whole issue revolves around the new technology of USB-C cables and 3.1 charging (even though 3.1 isn't supported on the Note 7). Several manufacturers have already pulled USB-C cables from the market, and USB-C cables have been known to overcharge.

To my knowledge, the Note 7 is the only phone to use this technology.

I believe the LG v20 will have usb-c

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

Was anything wrong with the S6 or Note5 batteries? I think they just tried to compress them too much to give consumers a bigger battery. Maybe they'll go away from the ultra slim phones and just put in whatever size is deemed safe.

I can't speak for everyone but my fiance has the s6 edge + and no issues with battery and i still have my note5 with no issues with battery.

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm curious to see what Samsung's response is. I'm staying with the note unless they axe it. Perhaps they will offer some incentive to keep customers. I'd take a free S7E if the N7 gets cancelled. Might seem crazy but wouldn't be surprised if they do it.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Which is why I got the 64GB Note 5. Space has not been a problem for me in the six months I have owned mine. I don't do cloud either on any phone I have and never will.

Key point is you ;) 64gb is only 45gb free to the user. My apps alone are near that and that leaves zero for my tunes, pics, videos and game roms. 256gb card FTW.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

This is what I keep saying they "phone manufactures" need to start focusing on function over form.
Screw premium feel.

I'll keep my premium feel thank you very much. AND safe, secure batteries. If I'm paying $500- $800 for a phone I want everything or damn close to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.