Note 7 - Samsung Burning/Exploding Issue Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Another replacement phone exploding in women's hand here in Hawaii.

Samsung smartphone nearly catches fire in Kalihi woman’s hand | KHON2

Yep.. I am definitely getting rid of this phone and switching back to my iphone. Sorry Samsung, I wanted to give you a try, but this is now a big safety concern and I am not one to gamble.

I checked out a real V20 today at AT&T store, and man I am really impressed. It was very snappy and fast. Super responsive. Even with a single speaker it gets very loud. Clarity of the screen is fine for anyones needs. It;s definitely the V20 or the IP7+ for me. Leaning more towards the V20. I really need to know how the battery life is on it before I decide.

Dubss

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I checked out a real V20 today at AT&T store, and man I am really impressed. It was very snappy and fast. Super responsive. Even with a single speaker it gets very loud. Clarity of the screen is fine for anyones needs. It;s definitely the V20 or the IP7+ for me. Leaning more towards the V20. I really need to know how the battery life is on it before I decide.

Good luck with updates I have the v10 on ATT and he phone has only seen two updates

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Soooo how's the screen? Color wise. Is the black truely black or has that white tint like all IPS or LCD has?

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Soooo how's the screen? Color wise. Is the black truely black or has that white tint like all IPS or LCD has?

Well, it looked great to what I could tell. I thought it was very sharp with great colors. I was looking at it in a bright retail store, so in there it was very bright. I would take it without questioning the screen as I thought it looked great.

scottishlassy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Other than the iris scanner and the S Pen, is there any difference between the S7 Edge and the Note 7? Software wise. I know the screen sizes are a bit different.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Well, it looked great to what I could tell. I thought it was very sharp with great colors. I was looking at it in a bright retail store, so in there it was very bright. I would take it without questioning the screen as I thought it looked great.
Good to know.

LailaAK

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Hey, look on the bright side. They only had two chances to screw up the phone!

(Can you tell I'm cynical about updates? Lol)

I'm with you on that one. I avoid updates and put it off as long
as possible. At least until other guinea pigs have reported back
that they had no issues. :)

LailaAK

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Other than the iris scanner and the S Pen, is there any difference between the S7 Edge and the Note 7? Software wise. I know the screen sizes are a bit different.

the Note 7 "feels" much nicer in the hand, compared to the S7 edge.
I have both phones and I always like to hold the Note 7 in my hand,
even when I'm not using it. I think it's how the Note 7 edges are
designed....

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering... What if the recalled devices was from 1 to 100 (don't wanna go thru exact figures) and everything after 100 was good. 101 and so forth. When in reality its actually 1 to 200 and they basically said OK to 100 defective devices. Not sure if anybody remembers a few people getting the safe note 7 version and had all the sticker etc. Ran the imei and it was actually a recalled device. What if those people catching on fire now was the 100 defective devices.? Just saying .

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
[Jest] This is what happens when Samsung angered the Note gods. They skipped the Note 6 going straight to the 7. Now the gods are raining havoc on Samsung.

castone001

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
So I started a Chat with Verizon asking if I can now swap out my replacement Note 7 for a replacement phone. here is the charming reply :)

I completely understand your concern about your safety and that of your device. As of this moment Verizon Wireless has not yet released information on a second recall for the safe Samsung Note 7 device. What I can recommend is signing up for email alerts to stay updated on the latest information. I can ensure you we will notify each of our customers if there are any alarming concerns about the Samsung Note 7. We appreciate your patience as we work to get this issue resolved.
I completely understand your concern about your safety and that of your device. As of this moment Verizon Wireless has not yet released information on a second recall for the safe Samsung Note 7 device. What I can recommend is signing up for email alerts to stay updated on the latest information. I can ensure you we will notify each of our customers if there are any alarming concerns about the Samsung Note 7. We appreciate your patience as we work to get this issue resolved.
I completely understand your worries, I would be worried as well, although at this time we do not have any recall on the device to allow us to take the phones back after the return period

Amazing :) hurry up and recall them Samsung! I don't want a phone that "might" blow up on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty