Note 7 - Samsung Burning/Exploding Issue Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
If the s7 edge was a bomb too then it would not wait for 5 to 6 months to blow up. I get the lack of trust in samsung I feel it too but ya I got s7 edge today instead of my replacement note 7. I don't like look and feel of other brands ....sigh..
I know - Samsung has the only premium Android phones. As for the 5 to 6 months: we don't know when the ones that blew up were purchased. Plus people probably weren't reporting burning phones to the media before the Note 7 recall, but considering the fact that around 6 or 7 burned in the last 3-4 weeks in the US and the UK alone (just do a quick Google search), it's about the same rate as with the Note 7. Of course, we don't know what happened after they burned as the media were solely focussing on the Note 7 and probably didn't follow up on the EDGE cases.

I also find it suspicious that several people have now reported that they couldn't get an S7 EDGE from AT&T - perhaps they're also preparing a sales stop until it's clear that the S7 EDGE is deemed safe.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I am obviously totally speculating here, but is there
any chance that one or more disgruntled Samsung
employees could have pulled off a sabotage on a
few hundred Note 7 phones?

I have no problem believing that Samsung rushed
the original Note 7 to market and missed something
during QA. However, I find it extremely hard to
believe that they could have allowed a replacement
"safe" Note 7 to end up in customer hands and
catch fire again....

Very doubtful IMO, but I wouldn't say it couldn't happen though. I mean yes, it's possible factory workers could have tinkered with them on purpose though. Always that chance. I would think if caught though the punishment would be VERY harsh in those Asian countries for something like that. I don't know how their factory workers are treated. I could see that happening at Foxcon where they make iPhones though because of the poor conditions.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Have had my S7 Edge since released no problems barely warm even when wireless charging or doing any of the updates. Last temp check said 119°

My wife has had hers sind June. Can't see it's been issue-free. It doesn't get hot when charging, but it has gotten too hot too hold while installing updates and while playing games.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
My wife has had hers sind June. Can't see it's been issue-free. It doesn't get hot when charging, but it has gotten too hot too hold while installing updates and while playing games.

Most of my Samsung phones have got hot when installing big updates. Overall not much issues with the Edge. My original Note 7 didn't even get that hot very often which is why I wasn't happy to depart with it. Sure it had some lag compared to the S7 edge, but overall I loved the phone. Very painful to depart. It was like breaking up with a really hot girlfriend.

LailaAK

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Very doubtful IMO, but I wouldn't say it couldn't happen though. I mean yes, it's possible factory workers could have tinkered with them on purpose though. Always that chance. I would think if caught though the punishment would be VERY harsh in those Asian countries for something like that. I don't know how their factory workers are treated. I could see that happening at Foxcon where they make iPhones though because of the poor conditions.

I was thinking of the top executives. Samsung is a family business.
The struggle for power is brutal, especially when it's family... that's
all I'm going to speculate.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

catch fire again....

Totally possible to me. Dun even need to be disgruntled employees, can be anyone who just want to sabotage or appear in the media. Nothing hard to make the phone burn, take some photos/video and come up with a story to send to those news hungry websites who can't wait to be the first to report another exploding Note 7 case.

Of course it's just speculation and hard to prove anything. Samsung's just in deep s***.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

catch fire again....

My thoughts too. I wouldn't be surprised if a report comes out in a year or two that confirms this.

jvak55

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Luckily I still have my Note 2,4,& 5 to use until this all gets worked out.
I have used notes since they came out and will continue to use my old ones,don't need no updates .
I did buy LG V10 and free tablet about a year ago, nice phone but battery life is tough to get used to after a note.
love the 8" LG tablet.
As far as Note 7's ,turn them in folks, I was on my way to get one just as this all unfolded.
The Note will be back....... IMHO

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Wait for it you will see all carriers stopped for good, Samsung will shut it down.
Like i said Most likely Note7 will be shut down for good, As sad as we are , Samsung is just gonna just have to move on and Keep Working on S8, The damage is done Note7 Name not many will trust it worldwide , So i think Samsung will have no choice to shut it down for good!

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Plus Carriers are working on deactivating all imei on all Note 7, so Note 7 will be brainless, for safety that will make everyone turn in the Note 7.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
It's probably for the better that you didn't get an S7 EDGE as there are tons of spontaneously combusting S7 EDGES as well. I personally don't think they're any safer than the Note7 and wouldn't be surprised at all if the next recall concerned those.

This is simply not true. Stop spreading fear and misinformation. Not cool

Status
Not open for further replies.