Oculus app disabled on note 7 devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Quick question. For those who held onto recalled units even after CPSC official recall or even through the green/white battery indicator.

Did the oculus services or message pop-up on previous units? I heard when the early reports came in Oculus had a warning message when using the app.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Enough is enough. Stop using the Note 7. Why is this so hard for you people to understand?

Because Samsung just barely released the official word to stop using the phone this evening. I have a pregnant wife and no sim card for my old Note 4 at the moment. I need to be able to speak to my wife if she needs something in an emergency. Don't be so ridiculous.

alwilliam

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
I'm trying to debate if I need to go back to Note 5 or the S7Edge. I need an S-pen. Been a Note user since Note 3 and need the pen for my work (spread sheets and what not). Problem with Note 5 there's no expandable storage. All these Oculus files/downloads take up so much space.

mscjr

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
It should be my choice. A simple warning message saying something like "hey stupid, these phones can spontaneously combust, are u sure u wanna put it so close to tour face?" Would suffice. :D

Just like bluetooth audio and the volume being reset to 'safe' levels....

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Gear VR works with more than just the Oculus app.... I've read over on XDA of people disabling Oculus and running cardboard because they wanted to use a phone that wasn't compatible with the Gear VR

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Because I'm still using mine right now and it's not on fire or hot to the touch.

Good plan. Course once it gets hot to the touch it's too late to do anything about it, but hey, why let facts get in the way of denial. I mean the ones that went boom also didn't all get hot till they did, but I'm sure THIS phone is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.