Visit site
Re: Statement from Samsung

7f77546945f948560cdc26b12b99d5ccd390c2e39d2849d3423ae7608dac066a.jpg

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

What process again? Where and how do you guys determine that another recall is coming? What if Samsung is able to identify a particular batch of phones that is defective, and ends up eliminating just one batch?!?!? Jesus Christ!

How do you think they're going to do that? The first time it was 100% of phones that weren't made in China and destined to be sold in China. What exactly is the batch this time?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

I went into tmobile today to trade my note 7 for the s7 edge..(sad day) . I believe the note 7 is the best phone on the market!. I am sorry, NO BORING IPHONE FOR ME!!!!
I talked to verizin today. Talked about phone choices, and it course talked about the s7 edge, I brought up them having fires to, he said he didn't know about those cases but he did say they have had overheating issues. I might just go to the iPhone 7 just out of spite now.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: OK, so now what?

Since I hate the LG v20 and Google pixel phones and Apple is a BIG no. I may just go back to my 1996 era Nokia phone that literally weighed as much as a brick,

BarfingMonkey

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung urges everyone to turn off their Note 7

I personally don't get why anyone that loved the Note7 wouldn't go with an S7 Edge instead if they choose to part with the Note7. It's basically the exact same phone without the S-Pen. In fact, initially many were complaining that the Note 7isn't different enough from the S7 Edge at launch. The Pixel and V20 talk confounds me coming from Note7 fans. To each their own I guess.
Yeah, I had one as my temp phone, great battery life. I was debating whether or not to keep it.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

What do you expect them to do?
Amy scenario would have been bad according to your blanket statement. Sh*t happens.

Really? Telling us to go power down the phone, go get another one and we will give you $25??? I am sorry that is not good.
Now I have go get another phone, I had one that was almost paid off so it's like restarting payments for the same phone. That I would've almost been done with. I have jump from TMobile. I don't want the S7 Edge, never wanted the stupid thing. LG V20 doesn't look that great, plus I had an LG awhile back, that phone was a nightmare. The google Pixel XL, is it even going to work on TMobile? Yes, I understand that they didn't willingly put a bad phone out, but to me they aren't even trying to do any type of resolution to this, other than return the phone.
I dunno, I'll look for something over the weekend. I am actually tired of the Mobile world all together.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

What do you expect them to do?
Amy scenario would have been bad according to your blanket statement. Sh*t happens.

Fix the da** phones after the first global recall. Or, better yet, don't release the thing if it's a danger. I was 100% on the praise Samsung bandwagon after the first recall, because at least they were stepping up and making it right. But you better check the stupid things for real before you re-release them a second time with the same stupid problem.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

[mod edit] 90 cases!!!! out of 2.5 million... that's what....0.0036% !!!!! That's not even a rounding error!

Over 90. In the US. Out of less than 500,000 that were in the wild were recorded before the CPSC issued their statement about the ban. So that 90+ isn't including all of the ones after that statement, which was 31 days ago. Prior to their statement there were 21 days of sales to consumers. So their statement indicating over 90 devices was only 40% through the time period up until now. It's hard to say that there have been only 90 when only looking at 40% of the date range and only looking at 40% of the sales and you're doubling your denominator given that Samsung said less than half of shipments had made it to consumers pre-recall. Globally there would be 150% of the US numbers. And that 90+ was only those cases confirmed by the initial investigation, so the number is probably much higher. But the most conservative estimate possible is over 1% and that's not taking into account mitigating factors such as those that powered down and returned them prior to adding into the numerator.

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
re: What replacement phone are you considering or have you already chosen?

Was able to try the V20 at lunch today. Very nice in the hand. Zippy and a fantastic screen. Have not seen the Pixel xl in action, buy the V20 looks quite worthy. Would not normally care about the removable battery, but in this situation, it could be a real advantage. Was surprised by how good the V20 was

dorlisa

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung urges everyone to turn off their Note 7

I personally don't get why anyone that loved the Note7 wouldn't go with an S7 Edge instead if they choose to part with the Note7. It's basically the exact same phone without the S-Pen. In fact, initially many were complaining that the Note 7isn't different enough from the S7 Edge at launch. The Pixel and V20 talk confounds me coming from Note7 fans. To each their own I guess.

I had the S7 Edge before the Note 7... I was not crazy about it.... when I took pictures, my finger ALWAYS got in the way.... to me the pictures were as good...... but... it looks like it is my only option as I hate Apple!

Milt K

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site

Nope using mine. Completely appreciate those that stop none the less.

Agreed. I'll be using it till the S8 comes out. No point turning it in, getting another phone, then having to sell that phone as I'll be getting the S8 anyway. Guess I'll just play the odds till then...call it Darwinism in action but whatever lol.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Agreed. I'll be using it till the S8 comes out. No point turning it in, getting another phone, then having to sell that phone as I'll be getting the S8 anyway. Guess I'll just play the odds till then...call it Darwinism in action but whatever lol.

That's fine and dandy, but what if there is a forced update that disables your Note 7? And, even if there isn't, your Note 7 will not be worth any money at all to trade in or resell when you get the S8

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site

Are we required by law to power down and shut these phones off?? No!!! Are they going to come and knock down our doors and put handcuffs on us because we didn't... no!!! I'm in the same boat as everyone else is. I'm not sure what the chances are that mine will explode or catch fire. Maybe never in a 100 million years or maybe tomorrow. I really like this phone a lot. I just want to keep it as long as possible. How long can we keep these before T-Mobile will not honor a return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa