Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: OK, so now what?

I'm using a cheap at&t go windows phone to get me by till I get something.

I'm now using my kid's lime green 5c until I have some more time to review and choose...

Slim pickings however... I looked at the V20 while waiting at the ATT store to return mine. It's an ok device.. but reminded me of of the last LG (G3) I owned ... that developed cracks in the body after a months use..

The phone was fast and smooth (better than the N7 actually). However the phone felt cheap and flimsy compared to the N7. Definitely not worth the premium LG is charging for it...

Pixel XL and OP3 are now at the top of my list.. if I go with the Pixel XL ... I'll probably sell this 256gb sd card arriving tomorrow from Samsung to offset some of the cost...

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site

Did you read my post? I will return it and get another phone and it may not be a Samsung phone. Samsung may lose a customer. If they provided me a free phone I would be happy to apply the refund to the next Note otherwise I will use the refund on another phone. For me the free phone is about customer retention rather than losing a customer.

I don't think Samsung owes me anything and it is fine if they don't provide me a free phone but if I was Samsung I would be concerned about customer retention. That is the point I am trying to make.

So you would be satisfied with a cheap low range J series phone because that would be the best they can do as a free phone....

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Statement from Samsung

Mod Note: Lets keep the discussion civil please. If there is a problem with a post then please report it so the Mod team can take a look. We should be discussing the topic and not each other. Thank you.

Good point Sydney, thanks.

@thread - My fault for going off topic on the aircraft thing; it struck a thought about ethics and, in the context of what's going on right now and the associated emotions, now is not the time to have that chat.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

Another phone I highly recommend is the Axon 7. My brother was affected by the Note 7 recall and had to buy a new phone. He tried the One Plus 3 but had Bluetooth issues with his car, many are.
So far he's really liking the Axon 7.

budven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

So you would be satisfied with a cheap low range J series phone because that would be the best they can do as a free phone....

It is up to Samsung to determine what they must do regarding customer retention. The following quote probably expresses the point I am trying to make better than I did.

I am sorry but they need to do better by their customers and they can to me.....eg: even though I don't like the S7 edge, offer it at half price for customers that will take it if they return their replacement Note 7 and $100 off/credit towards the next Note or S series that will come out. Yes, they need to do better. End of story.

audri5

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: S7 Edge or Note 5?

Try and find a Note 5. Completely discontinued and unavailable for Sprint unless you buy a used device elsewhere.

You can get the 32gb version direct from Samsung. I got a refurbished one from T-Mobile but I had the option of getting a new one. I took the refurbished so I it will be paid off when the Note 8 comes out and I'll give the 5 to my son.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

This is by far the worst timing as far as replacement options go. I can't remember a time where there was only one good option on the market. We currently have that one good option. I'm at a complete loss on what to get next. I guess I wait for the underwhelming v20.

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site

We have no official instructions. Did anyone receive any emails or texts? This is ridiculous. Last time there was an exchange but even then I went to BB myself and asked getting tired of waiting around. So I'm not doing anything yet. Agreed we are all left hanging. I'm not powering down. This is my primary number and I need it for work right now too.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site

When people say "Samsung has lost me forever", or "I'll never trust Samsung again" to effect how is it not a threat? After being able to triple-dip on the Gear Fit2, 256GB SD card, and Gear VR promotions through this entire ordeal, what more do you want? The value of the promotions pretty much offsets the price of a new Note. I guess some people will never be satisfied unless they want a personal apology or a free upgrade lol. Of course they want a free upgrade plus the chance to get a refund their current Note 7s too.

I understand the need to vent but such drama is unnecessary :p

Samsung hasn't lost me forever I will surely be back next year.....people should know that Samsung will do whatever it takes to be flawless next year so it will be quite interesting to see no other phone maker be able to match it.....

themikeyt

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site

I love my N7.. But, it's time to let it go. I purchased directly from Samsung.ca, so, I have to wait for the refund. I'll pick up the S7 Edge tomorrow (From what I've read, it still an excellent phone, with a slight smaller screen. 5.5, which is still great).

And yes, the # of incidents that have happened are small, and not verified.. but, they keep mounting up. And if Samsung has decided to tell us to "Power down." their must be some claim to the issues. Nope, it's a phone, it sucks.. But, I am tired of going through this. I just want a good phone that works. And, we all know samsung isn't going to roll out a 'second' exchange. The Note 7 reputations is shot. No one will trust this phone.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

That's just it, Samsung is being vague yet again. What's the issue, are they going to try to fix it and replace our phones, or are they just dropping the note 7 all together???

And not required, but maybe a good discount on the s7/7 edge to help keep the n7 customers with Samsung.

Information Samsung.. Some of us are die hard fans of yours, but your pushing them away to the pixel, v20, or iPhone 7 plus. At least attempt to keep your customers.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

I'm sure the people threatening to leave Samsung forever around here because of the way they've been "treated" would be the first to trade in their new phones for a S8 when it comes out. :p

After all it's about having the latest and greatest around here...

I'd switch to the Note 8, but not the S8. I'm not a fan of the S series. I'm a fan of the Note series

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
OK.. I accept defeat... but now what?

As much as I do not want to get rid of this phone.... It's took much of a risk to keep for many reasons beyond the battery.

Bought the phone at best buy. I decided I want the v20. I have no back up phone because we switched to at&t 11 days ago. Best buy does not even have the v20 listed. Could I take my phone to an AT&T store, other the v20 and get a loaner? I can't be without a phone and I want the v20. Was kicking around the s7 edge but no way... I want that v20. What to do?

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

That's just it, Samsung is being vague yet again. What's the issue, are they going to try to fix it and replace our phones, or are they just dropping the note 7 all together???

Exchange for another device or full refund..... No mention of fix or replacing with another N7...... Sounds like their done with this phone for good

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Another phone I highly recommend is the Axon 7. My brother was affected by the Note 7 recall and had to buy a new phone. He tried the One Plus 3 but had Bluetooth issues with his car, many are.
So far he's really liking the Axon 7.

Where can you get the Axon 7? I am on TMobile will it work with it?

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

[mod edit] 90 cases!!!! out of 2.5 million... that's what....0.0036% !!!!! That's not even a rounding error!

so if 90 cars blew up in a certain model that sold millions, would that be an acceptable number? I know nobody died from this but it could of easily happened.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

We have no official instructions. Did anyone receive any emails or texts? This is ridiculous. Last time there was an exchange but even then I went to BB myself and asked getting tired of waiting around. So I'm not doing anything yet. Agreed we are all left hanging. I'm not powering down. This is my primary number and I need it for work right now too.

Nope I checked for an official email. Nothing yet, nothing in the news so far....honestly sometimes I spend months not logging into AC, I wouldn't have known a thing if it was one of those months. But maybe there will be emails and stuff tomorrow.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

When people say "Samsung has lost me forever", or "I'll never trust Samsung again" to effect how is it not a threat? After being able to triple-dip on the Gear Fit2, 256GB SD card, and Gear VR promotions through this entire ordeal, what more do you want? The value of the promotions pretty much offsets the price of a new Note. I guess some people will never be satisfied unless they want a personal apology or a free upgrade lol. Of course they want a free upgrade plus the chance to get a refund their current Note 7s too.

I understand the need to vent but such drama is unnecessary :p

I understand the drama thing....but now people are just upset. And you really have to let them be. I might be mad now and say all these things but a shiny new phone that I like in the future might offset my anger....lol. So yup let us vent some....most of us will get over it. But for now, Samsung needs to do better and they will truly have to earn my loyalty again. That is not too much to ask after most of us sticking around after the first recall and jumping through hoops to get replacements.

themikeyt

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: S7 Edge or Note 5?

Good to hear, I think I am going with the S7 Edge tomorrow. Then saying good bye to my N7. I never used the S-Pen, or the iris scanner. I'll miss the bigger screen but I am sure it'll be fine..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossfrey