Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Re: S7 Edge or Note 5?

No s7 edge's are available near me through corporate verizon stores. So i am going to geta refund and then buy a note 7 at best buy.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Statement from Samsung

S7 edge is sold out in both stores near me and they don't know if they are getting them tomorrow.

I have no spare phone (except for my LG G5 brick). Want to see if i can return it to best buy, but i doubt it will work. I really don't want the Z force, V10 or HTC 10. ANd last iphone 7+ was sold 10 min before i got there.

What do i do?

Yea, on Sept 14th during the first recall I returned my Note 7 for an Edge and I had to drive 30 miles to a store that only had two black ones left and had them hold it for me. I also notice at Best Buy S7 edge cases in demand too.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: OK, so now what?

So I want a v20 as a replacement phone. Bought phone at best buy but don't have a temp phone to use till I get a v20. Can I take it to an AT&T store and return the note7, get a loaner and order a v20? Just switched to AT&T 11 days ago via best buy.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Re: Statement from Samsung

Yea, on Sept 14th during the first recall I returned my Note 7 for an Edge and I had to drive 30 miles to a store that only had two black ones left and had them hold it for me. I also notice at Best Buy S7 edge cases in demand too.

Apparently it is available at my best buy. But will call tomorrow in advance just in case.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

So I want a v20 as a replacement phone. Bought phone at best buy but don't have a temp phone to use till I get a v20. Can I take it to an AT&T store and return the note7, get a loaner and order a v20? Just switched to AT&T 11 days ago via best buy.
I didn't see any mention of a loaner this time around.

Airbrush

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
Re: LG V20 or Google Pixel?

As of this morning, I am finding myself in the position of considering returning my N7. I love the phone features, design and build, but there are so many issues surfacing, rational ones actually, like future software updates, carrier support, future value and many others, that have me thinking. With all four major carriers offering immediate return/refund and/or exchange policies, it points to the importance of the "perceptions" surrounding this phone.

But, I can't pull the trigger now. The options are so unacceptable for me: an iPhone or an older/less capable Samsung phone just doesn't cut it. There's zero chance I would want to live in the stifling (for me) Apple ecosystem and their phones that are years behind the times (again, IMO). The S7 variants are fine phones, but the N7 is clearly out front on the features design and build fronts. I don't want to go backwards.

So, here I am considering the Pixel, that I recently criticized on this forum for looking like an iPhone clone, and the V20, which quite frankly looks amazing. But both of these phones are weeks off, so I guess I have to sit tight for now.

Are any of you considering these two phones?

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site

Really? Telling us to go power down the phone, go get another one and we will give you $25??? I am sorry that is not good.
Now I have go get another phone, I had one that was almost paid off so it's like restarting payments for the same phone. That I would've almost been done with. I have jump from TMobile. I don't want the S7 Edge, never wanted the stupid thing. LG V20 doesn't look that great, plus I had an LG awhile back, that phone was a nightmare. The google Pixel XL, is it even going to work on TMobile? Yes, I understand that they didn't willingly put a bad phone out, but to me they aren't even trying to do any type of resolution to this, other than return the phone.
I dunno, I'll look for something over the weekend. I am actually tired of the Mobile world all together.

I understand your frustration. However, at least in my case I paid off my Note 5 so I still have it available though I did promise it to my fiance. So I'm going to have to tell her the bad news. I just don't see any other phones out there for me to swap to. I use the stylus religiously so I have no options but to stay in the Note brand. I'm going to wait till the end of the month and see. If I hear nothing, whelp back to Note 5 for me and somehow get ATT to cancel my Next Plan for this Note 7. But yah I'm pretty much tired with the mobile world in general.

I'm just frustrated that Samsung's response was very vague on the future of the Note 7. If the phones are going to be scrapped just say so because if by some chance it will resurface again down the road in 2 or 3 months it would be unfortunate for someone who already changed to another phone and now have to wait until they can upgrade again or pay off half of this new phone they didn't even want to begin with to be able to upgrade.

I need some aspirin lol

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

I decided on the v20 but what do I do? I got my n7 at best buy and they don't have v20's listed on their site! Plus I don't have a backup phone until I get something? Don't really want a s7edge
I am in the same boat. We might have to buy a cheap phone to get us by for a few weeks. Also consider running phones to BB and dealing with an ATT store for your next purchase . The last 2 months dealing with BB has been a horrible experience. I had to search 7 BB stores before I found an empooyee that knew his head from his a$$. Our local ATT store is on Point.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

Now Samsung crippled the oculous software so the VR is unusable with the N7. I agree with the decision but VR gets added to the useless POS list.

I cant wait until i can get settled in with a permanent phone. The doorman at BB now greets me by my first name.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
OK, so now what?

Was thinking of getting another MXPE, but will likely just take my sim and put in my Note 4 (have sim adapter). Samsung lost a Note 7 fanboy with me. The Edge has the same storage as the Note 4 and does not have the edge distorting games, video and web pages. The Note 7 curve is less than half as pronounced. The Note 4 has no edge, so no distortion.

Plus it's paid for :)

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site

Now Samsung crippled the oculous software so the VR is unusable with the N7. I agree with the decision but VR gets added to the useless POS list.

I cant wait until i can get settled in with a permanent phone. The doorman at BB now greets me by my first name.

That's good. BB likes regular customers lol. I'm glad I didn't choose for the VR now I went for the memory card. I can at least still use it for other devices or sell it.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung urges everyone to turn off their Note 7

It's possible the S7edge will explode too, and there has been,like a couple of cases where it Has, as well as an Active. I'm not taking any chances. I just put in my Note 7 SIM card into my Note 5. I'll wait to see what the LG V 20 brings, but I'm really not a fan of rear fingerprint scanners, but it seems that's the whole new trend now. Pixel, doesn't have a microsd card slot. I'm going to miss the s-pen, water resistance, bigger battery.

There have been iPhone 7s and iPhone 6s's that have exploded too. Short of an uncommonly high number of occurrences, you shouldn't be worried. S7 Edge included.

kareem_ruhi

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
What would you replace your Note 7 with?

Genuinely sad to this happening as this had been the best phone I have ever used till date. I honestly can't see any similar experience in any other device in the market which raises a question:

What would be your replacement should the replacements are confirmed to be unsafe?

I highly doubt a second global recall would happen although I would so keep the phone and wait for another replacement should Samsung decide to do so.

Some people are suggesting the S7 edge but after using the Note 7, the feel of the S7 edge in the hand seems odd. Never been an iPhone fan but it looks like I am going to have to grab Apple's 'toy' after all... Until a dual lens Note 8?

Would love to hear your thoughts.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: What would you replace your Note 7 with?

Going back to the Note 4. Replaceable battery and paid for. Was thinking of the MXPE again, but decided not to, since the 808 chokes with 1440p. V20 is IMO too inferior to the Note 7 to warrant same price as Note 7.

Going old school for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo