Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgesBlazah

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: No more fires lately?

I always wondered why the display phones in the stores never caught fire. I mean theres a phone sitting there all day on a charger with the screen on and nothing happens. I dont think I remember seeing any stories about it happening.

Halloweenoreo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Groupon has the S5 for 149

So I don't have a backup and need to get by until the S8 / possible N8 if there is one.

Has anyone had the S5 and is it something that can get me through 6 - 12 months based on what Samsung does next year for phones?

Don't wamt to waste my upgrade on the S7E if something is just around thr corner

1213 1213

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Rage quit Samsung anyone?

Won't be buying another Samsung device in the near future.

It takes a special kind of incompetence to issue a global recall, supposedly fix the issue and not adequately test that the issue has indeed been solved. Heck just the stakes alone should've made a second screw up almost impossible, but it seems they have some very careless test engineers.
From what I've read, they did fix the issue, by using a different battery provider that didn't have the issue. The problem was the new battery provider had a new issue. And due to the fact that the issues are very hard to find, it was easy for it to pass QA tests. They seem to have got really unlucky, exacerbated by rushing the new phones back into the market without doubling down on QA to make sure other issues didn't exist.

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site

Doubt there will be as much media attention now unless a major incident occurs. At this point it's shame on you if something happens. Users have been warned and instructed to return devices. Ignoring that warning from the manufacturer now makes the user liable for all damages to personal or private property, injury, etc.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: Am I The Only One Waiting For the Results of the Investigation?

The S7 edge is selling fast now. IMO it's the closest. I only had the option to get silver cause the gold and black would ship later.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

1... because people more people have decided to turn off their phones, reducing the possibility of incidents.
2... because I think it's only been... ONE DAY?!... since the other incidents.
3... I just wanted to say 3 :)

So I know I'm not the only one still using my Note 7, so the question is, why all of a sudden there are no more stories of the phone catching on fire/exploding? Just wondering.........

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site

It seems that everyone is falling all over themselves to jump off the Note 7 ship. Speculation is rampant: production on the phone has been ceased permanently, there will be an OTA update in 30 days that will brick all remaining Note 7s, "Game Over Man!" etc. etc. etc. And yet there is no official confirmation of any of that. All Samsung has actually said is :

1. Stop selling and exchanging Note 7s while the investigation is still taking place.
2. For your safety, power your Note 7 off while we figure out what's going on.
3. Customers can return their phones for a refund or exchange if they want.

As far as I know, as of this writing, there is no official second recall from the CPSC. There is no confirmation from Samsung that production has ceased permanently. There is no official confirmation from any carriers that they will never again be selling the Note 7. Now, those things may yet come to pass, but until that fat lady sings I'm not making any changes to my phone situation, and I'm most certainly not going to panic.

Am I the only one?

You are not the only one, going to keep mine until the last possible minute, and even then i will most likely keep it a little bit beyond that.

cactuspete23

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site

I would like Samsung to fully report the root cause(s) of the battery overheating problems. Otherwise it would seem like they don't know how to prevent the same problem from re-appearing on future phones.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Re: LG V20 or Google Pixel?

I might shoot for the V20. Not much of an LG fan but I'll give them a shot.
I handed in my Note yesterday and preordered the V20

I was able to get some hands on time with a V20 that was on display. I'm liking the screen size and the quality build though yes its not a Note but I'll be okay with using one for now !!!

mistic99

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
It will be tough 4 Samsung 2 rebound but they will

Samsung took a a big L will the N7 and it will be tough to win back the consumer trust but they will be back. They need to hit a home run this what I thing they should do 6/8gb rame 128/256 on board storage maybe a 4k display with a battery that can support it but most important a drop on price say $650/700 range. I mean look at it this way there were Its users that came over to Android 4 the 1st time and they chose the N7 this will leave a bad taste in there mouth you have some Samsung fans that will jump ship to either to IOS because it's a brand they trust and that's what it comes down to is trust Samsung recalls the re-release it saying it's say and it wasn't in the consumer world trust is damaged. They need to fix this and selling their products cheaper would be a start this is a case of sometime you need to lose to win.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: LG V20 or Google Pixel?

I handed in my Note yesterday and preordered the V20

I was able to get some hands on time with a V20 that was on display. I'm liking the screen size and the quality build though yes its not a Note but I'll be okay with using one for now !!!
So are you without a phone now until the V-20 comes? If so that is unacceptable to me. I can not go without a phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch