Still telling me to turn in my note 7

Karen Hildebrand

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm still getting texts and emails. 2nd notice. Final notice. Good lawrd enough already!! I turned in my note7 with the first recall and went with the s7e and never got the replacement note when they were released. anybody else still getting threatening emails to power it off and trade it in even tho u don't even own a note?

James Beam

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
I think they are sending these notices to anyone who purchased a Note 7 and it is a generic message that's not tied to any return information. They are just sending them out to cover themselves to make sure everyone gets the message.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yup just happened to me, but I just changed to the S7 Edge about 1 hr ago, and about 10 min ago I got a message to change my Note 7...I aint worried about it though

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm still getting texts and emails. 2nd notice. Final notice. Good lawrd enough already!! I turned in my note7 with the first recall and went with the s7e and never got the replacement note when they were released. anybody else still getting threatening emails to power it off and trade it in even tho u don't even own a note?

I am guessing they are computer generated and sent to anyone who has owned a Note 7. I got one of those emails today and I have not even received a box yet to send it back.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
They phoned me yesterday to harass me about returning my Note 7. I spent probably 3-4 work-days of my time dealing with Samsung and this recall nonsense, not to mention loosing a trade-in device in the process. At the end I ended up with a free Note 7 (unsolicited goods, so legally my property) that Samsung now wants back because it is recalled with nothing in return for me.

I told them no way without coming up with some way to compensate me for my time. I still love the Note7 and I cut Samsung a lot of slack because I believed in general that they are doing an okay job with the recall. Now my perspective is definitely shifting. Samsung corporate store does not want to deal with me, customer support cannot do anything but "escalate" with an undetermined timeline for a response, and I'm getting calls from Samsung to send me a prepaid label to ship back the recalled device. My main contention is that I want some kind of compensation for the amount of time they sucked out of me because of their own incompetence and lack of communication. Whether that compensation is in a form of a good discount voucher for a future device purchase or an S7 Edge in exchange for this Note 7 I don't care, but my time isn't free.

kadinldg

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I haven't even received one notice yet. Not from Samsung, Verizon or Best Buy. I have the replacement Note 7 after exchanging the old one.

ddymond

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Same here, just got a text from ATT to power down and return the phone. Still conflicted over the LGV20 or the 7Edge. IF the LG had wireless charging that would be the direction I'd go. That part has me spoiled. Hopefully I can delay this until ATT gets the LG in stock.
This is such a pain in the A$$.

walhalla

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Have also received email and text about my note 7 I exchanged on Tuesday. As others have said, it is not directed to me personally, just random generated notifications. They do need to ensure everyone who bought a note 7 is made aware. Other than the safety factor, it's CYA in case the suits get involved.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Got it again today. . I did do the replacement and turned it in on Monday at the store for the Note 5. Didn't want to be without stylus

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I think they are sending these notices to anyone who purchased a Note 7 and it is a generic message that's not tied to any return information. They are just sending them out to cover themselves to make sure everyone gets the message.

I returned my Note 7 the first day of the recall and have not received any text messages or emails telling me to return it.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Im still getting notices about turning mine in and I no longer have the phone. I think they are just trying to cover their butts . They just want to make sure they send the notices out so no one can say they didn't.

HaVoK_C89

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I got a text a few days ago.... But literally nothing else until I opened this thread lol. If was a popup from Samsung that led to a leak about the recall and recent ban from flights lol. I'm getting rid of this phone as soon as my Pixel comes in as I have nothing else.... Just a little longer to wait.

km04

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
On top of all this crap, Verizon is trying to charge us a fee for returning the phone, we lose the upgrade, and some other ridiculous thing that includes a fee. I'm soo tempted to tell them get bent, I'll keep the phone till it explodes then sue your fee happy asses.

HaVoK_C89

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
On top of all this crap, Verizon is trying to charge us a fee for returning the phone, we lose the upgrade, and some other ridiculous thing that includes a fee. I'm soo tempted to tell them get bent, I'll keep the phone till it explodes then sue your fee happy asses.

What fee are you referring to? I wasn't charged a thing myself from Verizon. Everything was refunded and I went with an upgrade as I don't have anything else. They even refunded me for all the accessories I bought.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress