What Replacement Phone Have You Decided On?

hou33guy

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
23mp cam and 8mp, 6gb ram, 64gb memory, sd card slot,820 snap dragon processor and alot more man this thing loaded, works on all except verizon, sprint,virgin mobile

pmendu

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
23mp cam and 8mp, 6gb ram, 64gb memory, sd card slot,820 snap dragon processor and alot more man this thing loaded, works on all except verizon, sprint,virgin mobile
Yah specs seems nice but none talked or even reviewed this phone yet, so bit risky.

Amb312

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Ordered the Pixel XL. I have had Samsung phones for a long time, this is going to be interesting. I'm sure I'll be back to the Note next year whenever it comes out.

Kalious

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Most likely going with the s7 edge. Wife and I got the BOGO deal. We plan on paying off the phones early and switching next year if there is a new Note available. With BOGO and the $200 credit, it's kind of hard going to another phone.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
May just dust off my my old N2 for now, Lol. Nothing out there looks good to me..I don't however rule out the N5
You know, that old phone was great! Lol. I think the N3 was my favorite, then came along Samsung Pay with the N5 and newer so...lol

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I went with the S7 Edge. When I got the note 7 I had the 5, which I gave to my wife (she gets my old note every year) and I might swap with her. I am missing the S-pen.....

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

If this worked on Verizon, I would be tempted with the 256GB model. That and my 256GB card- dang :)

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

If this worked on Verizon, I would be tempted with the 256GB model. That and my 256GB card- dang :)

Were it not for Marshmallow making the Note 4 seem like a new device, I would be with one option viable for me: The V20.

Last edited:

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Note 5 isn't sold in Europe, so there's literally no device with a stylus :-( Pixel XL would be my choice, but it's not available in Switzerland, either. Apparently the tax breaks we've been giving Google for their European HQ in Zurich weren't enough. So it's the 7 Plus now although I hate iOS. Simply don't have an alternative. The V20 isn't sold in Europe, either. Right now I'm typing this on my wife's S7E and find it impossible to hold without constantly touching the edges of the screen :-/

Dominator81

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Whenever I return this phone (it's hard to let go) I'll go back to my note 5- I think the Note line is (was?) really the best all around phone, at least for my needs. Also ordered the Pixel XL to give it a shot... I've already surrendered myself to Skynet- I mean Google. Plus the swiping up and down reminds me of the Palm Pre and Webos

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I went with the S7E mainly due to the camera, AMOLED screen and expandable storage. Couldn't go to the V20 due to the LCD screen, decreased battery life and just blah design. Note5 was a no go this time because it feels like a step backwards in camera and can't go back to 32gb with no expandable storage. Pixel XL not an option either as I'm on T-mobile JOD and it's not available through them. I would rather stay on JOD to have the freedom to go to the S8 when it comes out.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Don't go by just specs. Read some reviews. One I read stated heavy UI (Android barely recognizable), sub par battery life and underwhelming camera.
There are lots of options out there. Just research thoroughly through several reviews first.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I return this phone (it's hard to let go) I'll go back to my note 5- I think the Note line is (was?) really the best all around phone, at least for my needs. Also ordered the Pixel XL to give it a shot... I've already surrendered myself to Skynet- I mean Google. Plus the swiping up and down reminds me of the Palm Pre and Webos

My intent as well to keep for a while, but the absolute ban for flights killed it for me- multiple flights within the next 30 days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii