One good thing...Get to spend week without a case

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I get to spend the last week I have with my Note 7 the way it was meant to be.... Caseless. This phone is so amazing. I'm going to miss it so much.

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
That's a great idea!! I have one more afternoon..going to pick up my s7e from USPS.. I can actually set it up minus the SIM card and keep using the note till Verizon sends me the box ermmmm coffin for the note

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Kinda related: I'm thinking about doing a bit of a torture test before it goes back. Nothing huge, just testing submersion, scratching, and dropping. It's just going to be destroyed, anyway; might as well get some science out of it.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I was kind of opposite. Though I appreciate the "pretty factor', the device was too slippery (the iPhone 7 is even worse) and the glass build IMO is ridiculous for a portable device- seems counter intuitive. To make it even more delicate, a curved device with a thin glass casing that cracks can spread to the display, even if the back or corner cracked. Gorilla Glass 5 was also an odd choice since scratches easier than GG4. Why go for more crack resistant if the thin glass you use is going to crack anyway, since too thin? Seems better to focus on scratch resistance and why others stuck with GG4.

Samsung appears to have went more on a spec chase than practicality. GG4 would have been a better choice for consumers.

Jad Morffier

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
I was kind of opposite. Though I appreciate the "pretty factor', the device was too slippery (the iPhone 7 is even worse) and the glass build IMO is ridiculous for a portable device- seems counter intuitive. To make it even more delicate, a curved device with a thin glass casing that cracks can spread to the display, even if the back or corner cracked. Gorilla Glass 5 was also an odd choice since scratches easier than GG4. Why go for more crack resistant if the thin glass you use is going to crack anyway, since too thin? Seems better to focus on scratch resistance and why others stuck with GG4.

Samsung appears to have went more on a spec chase than practicality. GG4 would have been a better choice for consumers.
This scratch test has been corrected, gg4 is not stronger than gg5...

https://youtu.be/nOz4Kf5AL7Q

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Agree. I used mine naked for about a week. I actually made a thread titled "going naked", but it got deleted by the moderator. Guess she didn't find the humor in that Topic heading :p.

But yes, it truly was a great phone to hold without a case. Much better than my iphone 6s plus which I went back to.

Jad Morffier

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
I posted this correction here too. I really wish folks would stop believing everything the internet tells them. Why would gg5 have ever been easier to scratch than gg4 anyway? I never believed that. Just glad the tester was decent enough to update his findings.
Sorry I must have missed your post.

I'm usually quite protective of my smartphones. I've always had a case and a screen protector and have never cracked a screen. But I did manage to crack my first Note7. I felt confident with the new GG5 (plus the water and dust proofing) that this was my chance to go naked for the first time and not have to worry about it. In the first week I had it she fell from my side pocket while getting out of the car and hit the ground (not from a great height at all) and cracked. Why did this stronger GG5 glass crack so easily? The reason is because of the curve. Technically this is not a GG5 fault. Add a curve to any glass and it's gonna be more vulnerable at the curve.

So with my replacement Note7 I opted for a leather sleeve instead of a hard or soft case. I figured I get the best of both worlds, I can still use it naked but when not in use its protected.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I never had a case on mine, or any of my smartphones on a day-to-day basis. I keep one handy in case I'll be doing something active, but that's it.

Certainly the Note 7 was one of the funnest to show off. Beautiful device in any color, especially my coral blue/gold.

the real batman

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I'm not going to abuse my Note 7 even though its fate is sealed. I will however think about rocking it caseless for a few days though. Best Buy hugely impressed me by getting my replacement phone here today when I ordered it with 2 day shipping yesterday morning so my S7E is here but my case from Amazon won't arrive until next week. I'm not going to risk something happening to my brand new phone that I'm now stuck with for at least a few months so I'll be sticking with my Note until my S7E case arrives.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Haaaaa how a lot of you guys are gonna go naked for your last days with your beloved Notes !!! Makes sense !!!!

Not for nothing I was naked and remain naked the entire time I had both notes.

Yeah I was often paranoid and nervous about something happen but nothing ever did

Enjoy your time remaining with them Notes !!

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm not going to abuse my Note 7 even though its fate is sealed. I will however think about rocking it caseless for a few days though. Best Buy hugely impressed me by getting my replacement phone here today when I ordered it with 2 day shipping yesterday morning so my S7E is here but my case from Amazon won't arrive until next week. I'm not going to risk something happening to my brand new phone that I'm now stuck with for at least a few months so I'll be sticking with my Note until my S7E case arrives.
I'm abusing mine. My s7e is sitting there completely ready minus the SIM.

Note 7 showered with me. That was cool!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ijulnesia