Samsung to Disable Note 7 Functionality Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
You could try using something like Package Disabler Pro and disable the system updates and see if you can avoid it that way.

There's a thread over on XDA stating that the new update to Package Disabler Pro will not disable OTA updates. Don't update the app if you don't want to lose this functionality

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
There's a thread over on XDA stating that the new update to Package Disabler Pro will not disable OTA updates. Don't update the app if you don't want to lose this functionality
Source? I have the latest version of Package Disabler Pro and I can still see and control the OTA packages.

Edit: Wow, so much for owning the stuff you paid for. If someone chooses not to want to receive updates, that is that persons choice. What a blatantly dirty move by Samsung and the devs...both Package Disabler Pro and EZ Disabler removed access to those two packages. I think they got paid off.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...olice.packagedisablerpro&hl=en&token=iYuhvMcQ
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....hecorat.packagedisabler&hl=en&token=fLRFbLkg

Dirty, dirty business. Well, mine are still disabled so ha!

Last edited:

JohnT3

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Source? I have the latest version of Package Disabler Pro and I can still see and control the OTA packages.

Edit: Wow, so much for owning the stuff you paid for. If someone chooses not to want to receive updates, that is that persons choice. What a blatantly dirty move by Samsung and the devs...both Package Disabler Pro and EZ Disabler removed access to those two packages. I think they got paid off.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...olice.packagedisablerpro&hl=en&token=7NNtRAg8
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....hecorat.packagedisabler&hl=en&token=SRbXaa8E

Dirty, dirty business. Well, mine are still disabled so ha!

I'm sure there was a conversation about whether or not they wanted to be involved in negating Samsung's efforts to make the phone safe and if they wanted any part of the repercussions of a phone starting a fire. I don't agree with it necessarily but I could see how they wouldn't really have a choice if Samsung or Google decided to make a point of it.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure there was a conversation about whether or not they wanted to be involved in negating Samsung's efforts to make the phone safe and if they wanted any part of the repercussions of a phone starting a fire. I don't agree with it necessarily but I could see how they wouldn't really have a choice if Samsung or Google decided to make a point of it.
There is no such thing as liability by proxy in this case. The creators of the tool are not targeting Samsung specifically because of the Note7 fiasco, and the tools were widely available years before any of the current events transpired with the same functionality. The devs were paid off or threatened and therefore buckled. I am going to go with paid off.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

This. If anything I am sure the devs wanted to not "encourage" keeping a recalled phone. I can't say I blame them.

All in all it is their app to remove / update features so nothing new in regards to apps. As for others if you feel like your purchase was not what you wanted I would contact them or Google for a refund.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
There is no such thing as liability by proxy in this case. The creators of the tool are not targeting Samsung specifically because of the Note7 fiasco, and the tools were widely available years before any of the current events transpired with the same functionality. The devs were paid off or threatened and therefore buckled. I am going to go with paid off.

Any evidence or just random thoughts / accusations with no facts?

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Well here is a fact.
Just got an email from Verizon headlined.. A look back at your journey, we hope you are enjoying your galaxy note 7. Let's make sure you didn't miss anything... Hahaha.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Actually, I did hear from one of the developers that's Samsung muscled them into complying. I won't discuss which one.

Somehow I don't see how Samsung has control over the Google Play store -- but if you say so..

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Just use the search bar in the App and search for these files listed in the pic. Check the little boxes to disable them and you should be good to go. View attachment 244260

THANKS BRO

Ok now I installed APK 6.3 version app

i saw a Video -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9x8803i694

& im missing One of the Update to Tick Called - Service Provider Update

I made this Video -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SVTBqPvTMI

& you can see all i disabled
Will it still work ?

James Beam

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
I don't have the service provider update file either. It may depend on what service and who's version of the phone you have. I'm in the Detroit MI area and I have the Verizon version. But I also no longer have a SIM card installed and I'm just using it as a wifi only device.

akordboy

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
This is what I disabled when I searched "update"

cacec33e05487802a8989bc5c3a2ffeb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.