Rumors.. if true should we go with the S7 or S7E

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
My exact thoughts. If it's confirmed that those who move away from the N7 to an S7E/S7 will get a heavily discounted N8/S8E then I'm all in. It's the least Sammy should do for us that wanted (and still want) a Note 7 but are being "forced" to downgrade to something lesser. Until this is officially confirmed I'm hanging on to my N7.

The rumors are making it very hard to decide. Free s8 upgrade and I'll pick up an S7 without hesitation. But that's only speculation. I'm just sticking with the n7 for now until I feel inspired on something or hear more on this. Or I guess until they disable it or it blows up.

Cotano

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
This is an offer for S. Korea ONLY at this point. There is nothing on an offer like this anywhere else in the world...bummer.

Samsung offers upgrade program for South Korea Note 7 customers | Reuters

Sounds like a class action lawsuit in the making. If we wanted a s7 or s7e then we wouldn't have waited for the n7. Clearly we would be interested in the n8 but not at all interested in being stuck with a s7 for 2 years. Watching only S Korean customers get this offer is a slap in the face. No way in the world I'll be stepping down to a s7 now.

I might pick up a pixel or nexus 6p off contract.

deanzel

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Has there been any more info or rumors coming out about this "upgrade" plan outside of South Korea? I haven't heard anything at all and I honestly have so little faith in Samsung of America to do the right thing and give us this option. My family just switched all to S7E's due to the great Target deal right now ($150 off plus 256GB memory card) but part of it was for the off chance that this promotion was released in the US as well.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Has there been any more info or rumors coming out about this "upgrade" plan outside of South Korea? I haven't heard anything at all and I honestly have so little faith in Samsung of America to do the right thing and give us this option. My family just switched all to S7E's due to the great Target deal right now ($150 off plus 256GB memory card) but part of it was for the off chance that this promotion was released in the US as well.
Doesn't that require a new line or a 2 year contract?

neemer5

Oct 10, 2016
Visit site
Folks, let's keep it real: This is NOT HAPPENING.
Why? Because if Samsung were to do this, there would be a major marketing blitz in order to keep customers.
So why aren't they denying it? Well, so that people can hold out hope and buy the S7.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I had not heard of this specific rumour, but it would be interesting to have Samsung either put an end to this and other rumours or confirm. It would be great if this is truly one of the other things they are doing to generate good customer service to their patrons.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
The rumors are making it very hard to decide. Free s8 upgrade and I'll pick up an S7 without hesitation. But that's only speculation. I'm just sticking with the n7 for now until I feel inspired on something or hear more on this. Or I guess until they disable it or it blows up.
There isn't going to be a free phone. Maybe a free hug but that's it. Lol

_YoKolorMeBadd

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Rumor mills are going and so far Sammy hasn't come out saying they are false. so those who still have their N7 (i haven't gotten a box yet) are you going to move to the S7 or S7E in hopes that these rumors are true and if you "Upgrade" to the S7 or S7E from the N7 you'll get a free or discounted S8 or N8 (or whatever the new name of it is)?

Or are you just going to go with whatever backup you have and if the rumor does become true but they add a cutoff time stipulation that we misded out on by not switching to the S7 or S7E in time and just start fresh when the S8/N8 come out.
Just curious, where have you seen/heard these rumors?

deanzel

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Folks, let's keep it real: This is NOT HAPPENING.
Why? Because if Samsung were to do this, there would be a major marketing blitz in order to keep customers.
So why aren't they denying it? Well, so that people can hold out hope and buy the S7.

Yeah, at this point, I'd be highly surprised of them offering the SAME exchange program that South Korea got. However, if Samsung doesn't give us N7 owners some kind of incentive or discount for the new S8/N8 (especially those who stuck with Samsung), I will rage beyond all belief. I'd go all in on those lawsuits.

Honestly, I thought that this exchange program was BY FAR the best answer in the beginning when the first recall occurred (and wrote about it repeatedly on multiple forums) and it just blows my mind that Samsung wouldn't follow suit with such an obvious idea especially when they're instituting it in South Korea. However, seeing how they've handled/bungled this whole N7 situation, I wouldn't be surprised by them dropping the ball AGAIN...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87