Seeking ideas on how to best utilize Gear S2 Smartwatch for travel (I am a Note 7 Rebel)

barbarabluejohnson

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Hey ya'll!!!

I'm not giving up my Note 7 without a fight and am holding out until the Note 8 comes out, unless they brick the 7 of course.

I have to fly this weekend so I can't take my Note 7 with me.
I have a Gear S2 smartwatch with mobile data and I also have a Samsung tablet sitting around.
Anyone have any ideas on how I could connect my tablet to my smartwatch (bluetooth?) so that I can use them together while traveling for a few days?
I guess I could buy a burner phone for the trip but if my Gear watch can be utilized then I'd rather try that.
Thanks for any help you can offer me and no, I'm not turning my Note 7 in because if it hasn't melted my face off yet then I'm sure it's not one from the bad batches that were made.;)

ToniC618

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
Is the Gear S2 Bluetooth only or LTE? If LTE, you can just use your watch as a phone. Unless you need an actual phone. I haven't had a Samsung tablet in so long. Actually not sure if they can talk to each other. If you can download the Gear app to your tablet, in theory they should work together, I suppose.

alwilliam

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
The tablet can be tricky as Sam don't allow it. It has to be rooted i think.
Don't have the Gear S2 but i used to have the original watch and I remember there was an option where if I don't answer my calls in my regular phone after so many number of rings it will be forwarded to the watch.
Also, can't you do a call forwarding through your carrier from your phone to your Gear S2 number? I don't know if it's standard but my carrier, I can do **61*numbertoforwardcalls#. To turn off ##61#.
Since the Gear S2, like the original Gear S, got it's own phone number, it's a stand alone device - so you can make a phone call without pairing it to another device. Best if you use a Bluetooth ear piece.

Last edited: