Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Suddenly Dying

lizziemeg

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
This morning I went to pick up my Galaxy Note 8 tablet. It was at about 90% went I went to bed last night.
I didn't turn it off before bed because it usually only uses a few % of the battery overnight if I don't use it.
When I got up this morning it was off, which was strange, but I thought to myself 'maybe I did turn it off last night' turned it back on and it was at 3% battery. I plugged it in and the screen started flickering. I turned it off, unplugged it, plugged it back in and it started charging.
After a little bit, I turned it back on and looked at the battery screen and it had this:
Screenshot_2016-01-16-10-28-50.png
and I don't really know what to make of it. Any help?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's the signature of a dendrite (and a pretty bad one - they usually blow almost immediately, so the space between grey areas is almost non-existent and the charge on the right side will be a couple of percent lower than the charge on the left side). The battery has to be replace. (See Lithium Battery Dendrite links for more than you want to know about dendrites.)

It's actually a defect that should be covered under warranty (as you'll understand if you read some of the links - it's their decision to use battery technology that does this, so they should cover it), but it's almost impossible to get it done without paying.

I know this isn't really 'help', but at least now you'll understand what happened and why.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
This morning I went to pick up my Galaxy Note 8 tablet. It was at about 90% went I went to bed last night.

This is a common problem of Samsung tablet, I had a similar Note 8.0, it went from 90% to 15% in 10 minutes. The fix is simple, the battery connector just need to resolder ( heat it up and add more solders ) due to cracked solder joints.
This is the original with weak solder joints
Weak Connector.jpg

Then this battery connector is already re soldered with a lot more solders added. The tablet can stand by more than 10 days and lost only 15%. This is not an advice from an avid user .
Any repair shop can help you with little charge as it takes no more than 10 minutes for this re solder job.
JNTC.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38