Won't Update from 4.1.2

streetslide

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Keep getting nag message to install downloaded 6.12MB update. Claims its for stability.

I hit install, it goes through girations with the Android guy, tells me it is upgrading, optimizing apps, finishing boot, back to lock screen & looks fine.
Reports successfully updated but continues to nag me and version # is still 4.1.2

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Keep getting nag message to install downloaded 6.12MB update. Claims its for stability.

I hit install, it goes through girations with the Android guy, tells me it is upgrading, optimizing apps, finishing boot, back to lock screen & looks fine.
Reports successfully updated but continues to nag me and version # is still 4.1.2

Are you rooted?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Do you use a ROM from Samsung or do you lose the Samsung features? Sorry, I am also a newb!

Posted via Android Central App

Do I use a Samsung ROM? Well my family driver is a Moto X. My other phone is an S2 which is stock rooted, and my Galaxy Tab is on Slim which is AOSP (vanilla Android). So yes and no.
To answer your question, if you use a TouchWiz based ROM, you will have the ability to use Samsung apps and features.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

ghanda a

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site