Is it absolutely necessary to remove the case when wire charging the Galaxy Note 8?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I use the Galaxy Note 8 S-View Flip Cover. I use wired charging only. I have been told that leaving it in the cover while charging can result in overheating by way of "trapping the heat" and not allowing it to escape.

Is that true? Would it make a significant difference? Would it harm the battery and phone in the long run if I did NOT remove it every time?

I know it's best to practice safety but this is just becoming too much of a hassle (I have owned this phone for like a week). I generally prefer leaving my phones in the case as much as possible. Plus, the cover seems to hit the protective glass every time I put it back and it looks like it will eventually wear out the adhesiveness of of the glass and render it useless.

Note: I use the Note 8 amFilm Tempered Glass Screen Protector which covers the curved "edge" parts as well.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Plug in the charger and keep feeling the phone for heat for at least 2 hours (every 5 minutes should do it). If it staerts to get more than warm, unplug the charger and you'll have to take the phone out of the case to charge it. If it doesn't get more than warm in 2 hours, it's safe to charge it with the case on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer