Note 8 Pre-Orders start Sept 1st for delivery Sept 15th

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
If I do pre-order it will be through my carrier after I get a chance to see it on display in Best Buy to compare it

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Not pre ordering this time. I got the S8 Plus. I will wait a couple months and see what kind of deals samsung.com and Best Buy have on the unlocked one. I got burned by pre ordering the S8 Plus then 2 months later they were slashing the prices.

I'm happy with the S8 Plus and big screen so I'm not desperate like I was with the S8 plus. I was using the S7 Edge which I hated the screen size.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
With the S8+, Best Buy had them in display before T-Mobile so Ill keep an eye out after Aug23
We looked at them in Best Buy for the S8 as well. Even though we knew we liked the S8+ better, everything was else was identical except for the screen. Basically, we decided we could live with the S8 until the next Note came out. That was the first time I can remember wanting to look at a phone before pre-ordering.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
With the S8+, Best Buy had them in display before T-Mobile so Ill keep an eye out after Aug23

Yeah that's what I'm going to do but I find it hard to believe that they're going to unveil it on the 23rd and not let you pre-order for another week? I don't find that believable at this point I believe you'll be able to start pre-ordering right after the unveiling that's my guess but who knows I could be wrong.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Then watch people going nuts about if they will get the phone early or not. Happens every time.

I'm not pre-ordering but holding out until samsung.com puts it on sale or the unlocked version is on sale.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that's what I'm going to do but I find it hard to believe that they're going to unveil it on the 23rd and not let you pre-order for another week? I don't find that believable at this point I believe you'll be able to start pre-ordering right after the unveiling that's my guess but who knows I could be wrong.
Agreed. You would thing they'd want to get every pre-order they could before some people change their minds.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
JOD terns have changed again...as expected. As of August 2018, every JOD will most likely have a down payment, unless it's one of their cheap smartpicks phones. This will be a the last Note without the possibility of no money down. I am still anticipating a down payment, though.
They are also adding an upgrade fee. Very carrier like. I think this will dissuade people from upgrading often, even if though they will now allow up to 12 upgrades a year.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
JOD terns have changed again...as expected. As of August 2018, every JOD will most likely have a down payment, unless it's one of their cheap smartpicks phones. This will be a the last Note without the possibility of no money down. I am still anticipating a down payment, though.
They are also adding an upgrade fee. Very carrier like. I think this will dissuade people from upgrading often, even if though they will now allow up to 12 upgrades a year.
The upgrade fee will be for telesales and in store and won't take effect for another year because they are working on a self service JoD upgrade option. So you won't have to pay the fee if you choose not to deal with telesales or in store rep.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The upgrade fee will be for telesales and in store and won't take effect for another year because they are working on a self service JoD upgrade option. So you won't have to pay the fee if you choose not to deal with telesales or in store rep.
Lol. I never thought want to be deal with those people. But, you can't do it online, so you're kind of stuck talking to someone. I think the last phone or two we ordered via Twitter DM.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Lol. I never thought want to be deal with those people. But, you can't do it online, so you're kind of stuck talking to someone. I think the last phone or two we ordered via Twitter DM.
The self service option will allow JoD orders online or in the app. And I only order via Twitter, much easier and no restocking fee. Self service option will be nice to not have to deal with anyone.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I think preorder will start the next day. It will probably be available about middle of the month.

That is what I think too. The Best buy person saying for sale the next day is full of it. I don't believe anything I read on reddit regarding release dates. They're always wrong.

Now they will very likely have it on display at Best Buy in the 24th. The day after release of the Note 7 and S8 they had the display models out the very next day after the event.

If stores were to sell it on Aug 24th there would be all sorts of leaks before the actual event then.