Things you've discovered on Note 8?

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I discovered that when I try to go back to my S7E for something, I always end up trying to unlock it my putting my finger on the flash on the back of my S7E.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I have discovered that if you leave the phone sit for about 24 hours some of the glitches on day one sort themselves out. First I tried using the Spen and it froze my phone each and every time. I had to google to learn to hold down volume and off button at the same time to undo the freezing. Then I couldn't receive any sound notifications or little bubbles with the message. Voila all of a sudden I am getting sound notification and bubbles. So if things are not up to stuff when you set up your phone, perhaps just leave things alone for a while.
You should do a hard reset when encountering issues like that....

One thing that I don't like I'm not sure if this was on the S8 Plus or not but I don't like how it makes you choose a default app some things I like to you have the choice each and every time :\

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
You should do a hard reset when encountering issues like that....
not always. I had several things resolve by leaving them alone. this is the first device that's worked that way, but it worked along with several, and I do mean many, reboots. a reset would have further clouded the issue.

ChuckLIII

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
I tried the *#0*# for diagnostics on Verizon, and it did nothing. When I pressed the dial button I got a recording saying the call couldn't be completed. Am I doing something wrong, or does it not work on Verizon?

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I tried the *#0*# for diagnostics on Verizon, and it did nothing. When I pressed the dial button I got a recording saying the call couldn't be completed. Am I doing something wrong, or does it not work on Verizon?

if you do the sequence it doesn't dial anything. it brings up a screen.

we had this with the N7 too.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this has been said, if you use the 2 dots on the left of the bottom home button panel and make the panel disappear until you swipe up, you can still access the home button. Even if it's not seen if you hard press the location where the home taptic button is it will take you back to the home screen.

iFortWorth

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this has been said, if you use the 2 dots on the left of the bottom home button panel and make the panel disappear until you swipe up, you can still access the home button. Even if it's not seen if you hard press the location where the home taptic button is it will take you back to the home screen.
Hey thanks! I hadn't realized that.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I can't set a mp3 as a ring tone

You should already have the song that you want to use on your phone. Go to settings, sounds and vibration and select ringtone. Go all the way to the bottom and select add from phone. In the menu that pops up, select sound picker. You can then browse your phone and select a song as ringtone.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
You should already have the song that you want to use on your phone. Go to settings, sounds and vibration and select ringtone. Go all the way to the bottom and select add from phone. In the menu that pops up, select sound picker. You can then browse your phone and select a song as ringtone.
I know how to do it. My problem is that I chose to use Google Drive to find it, I chose the file but nothing would happen. Even tho it's an option, it doesn't work. Then of course it set Drive as the default app and I was getting frustrated. I downloaded the ringtone directly from the drive app, reset the default and did it the right way.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I know how to do it. My problem is that I chose to use Google Drive to find it, I chose the file but nothing would happen. Even tho it's an option, it doesn't work. Then of course it set Drive as the default app and I was getting frustrated. I downloaded the ringtone directly from the drive app, reset the default and did it the right way.

Like I said, the MP3 has to be on the phone. Glad you got it working.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Like I said, the MP3 has to be on the phone. Glad you got it working.
That's what I always knew. My backups are in drive and I usually just download them into the notifications folder on the phone but I saw Drive in the "add from my phone" options and thought 'cool I can skip a step' nope just created turmoil.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Anyone got a screenshot of what you are talking about? I don't see it.
Me either, except if I understand one part, part of my text message will pop up on my screen, like a one line text but it dissappears as fast as it pops ups so I can't even read it. Now on my S8+ you had time to hit the reply and answer it but not on the Note 8! I'm thinking about getting Handcent again I really liked that messaging app.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
That if you leave your pen somewhere you and take the phone with you, you get a warning notification telling you your pen is separated from the phone. (this may have been on other Notes, I just never had that happen before )
I need to turn mine on, it must be disabled because it does not notify me.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Yes, the new cards with the new card numbers replaced my old cards on my Samsung Pay.

I did not have to wait for them to be mailed.
I think They change the chip but keep the same number and I think the 3 digit code changes too. Mine stopped working and my debit card is my lifeline, I never carry cash so I went to the bank and got a immediate replacement.

B Hoste

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I don't know if it has been said, but if you swipe your finger down on the fingerprint sensor it bring down you notifications. If you swipe up it goes away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana