Ok the honeymoon period is starting to wear off....

TechnologyTwitt

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
I don't believe the new apple devices will wow everyone like the note 8 has. Apple needs to allow more personalization before they even have a chance to compete with Samsung. Most people stick with Apple for I message I use my iPad pro when I need to use I message.

That will always continue to be the issue... (personalization)... I posted elsewhere yesterday that I've spent almost every day since receiving this Note, having to fix something, tweak something, force something, inquire about something, etc just to get it to work. It's never anything major, but still a PITA regardless. I'm pretty sure a lot less personalization would lead to a lot more stability and many more developers working on apps like they do on iOS.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I just got my (first) Note 8 in the mail yesterday and it's been nothing short of amazing. I've been a Samsung girl for 4 years now. The first and only iPhone I had was the 5 and, in my opinion, was the crappiest smartphone in terms of battery life - it NEVER lasted me a day. I would be on 5% by the end of the work day for doing the same on say the S5 I got right after the iPhone 5 and that lasted longer than the iPhone. Once I moved to Samsung, it has been nothing but good for me in terms of battery and feel. I highly prefer Android over IOS. I have Apple phones, but I love their laptops and iPads. They make those better, but for me, they've been nothing but disappointing in their phones, especially the X. But to each their own! That's why there are different manufacturing companies to make phones that suit our needs. Go with what best fits you

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
That will always continue to be the issue... (personalization)... I posted elsewhere yesterday that I've spent almost every day since receiving this Note, having to fix something, tweak something, force something, inquire about something, etc just to get it to work. It's never anything major, but still a PITA regardless. I'm pretty sure a lot less personalization would lead to a lot more stability and many more developers working on apps like they do on iOS.
This exactly. Every time I quit Android this is why. Say what you want about is, it's easier to use, easier to set up, easier to maintain and much more stable than any Android. Of course I'm typing this on a Sony XA1 Ultra so what do I know...

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
yeah the customisation on android can be great but it is also a frustration for me. to buy the note I can imagine spending ages customising it, removing bloatware, trying to optimise battery life etc maybe even installing different firmware to get VoLTE. in a way that's fine if you like tinkering but I think I'm bored with it. I think that's why I'm thinking about the iPhone. maybe it's boring but perhaps boring might be good for a change!

tekki

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
i have been an iPhone user since the 4, then5, then6plus. I got the 8plus and I absolutely love it, I keep all the bells and whistles on, so my phone drains a bit fast but so did my iPhones. I got the s3 frontier and I like the watch too, however in will say the apple eco system between between the watch and phone is a bit better, I don't receive calls and texts on my watch all the time even though I have the LTE version. If I'm in the house the watch doesn't pick up cell service, even though I've never had cell signal problems with any phone inside my house, so then I use Bluetooth inside, but I have to leave the phone in a central location so my phone and watch can connect, which I never had to do with apple. Samsung needs to do a better job on wifi sharing between the watch and phone, I do have remote connection enabled but that hasn't helped.
anyway I really love the s8plus and the s3 frontier, just wish they worked better together. I don't foresee me going back to apple, unless they wow me with somethhing

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
My mother has the LG G5 and it's battery is very good after being unplugged. The other night I witnessed it staying at 100% after being unplugged for close to an hour before dropping to 99%.

Just so you know...its called 'Standby Time' and LG is well known to have good standyby time with their devices.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Wait. You think that's a plus? They stalk you like a jilted psychopath and you like it? I smack that nasty stuff on the nose with a rolled up newspaper every chance I get. You do understand you're being used and all for their benefit, do you not?
Wait, aren't you a fan of Windows? Microsoft's policies and practices on data collection, usage and sharing are far worse. That doesn't excuse anything that Google does, but some perspective can be useful.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

But you don't HAVE to do all those things, it's still a choice.

You can just as easily pull a Note 8 out of the box, load several rows of apps, and just begin using it, and you still have the added option of the Pen.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
But you don't HAVE to do all those things, it's still a choice.

You can just as easily pull a Note 8 out of the box, load several rows of apps, and just begin using it, and you still have the added option of the Pen.

I agree. Customization can be a pain but definitely something you don't have to do. If anything you can just setup your apps on your home screen and run with it :D.

Mtro

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Samsung battery life has always been utter garbage. In 5 months you will be charging the N8 three times a day like I did with my S6 and S7. I had to jump ship from them because of it. They do make excellent devices, I just wish they could rectify the battery problem.

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
The biggest thing that steered me to android was when Apple got stupid and took away the headphone jack. I use mine everyday on my 6s plus. The more I explore android, the more I like, but I also look at the multiple fixes I've had to do on my wife's note 5 that I've never had to do on my 6s plus. It's a constant debate but I'm definitely more pro android these days.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The biggest thing that steered me to android was when Apple got stupid and took away the headphone jack. I use mine everyday on my 6s plus. The more I explore android, the more I like, but I also look at the multiple fixes I've had to do on my wife's note 5 that I've never had to do on my 6s plus. It's a constant debate but I'm definitely more pro android these days.
Does Apple not include a headphone adapter with their devices?

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
LG and Apple, you can have all their phones, respectfully.
Samsung, Imo and experiences just does it better. The LG V30 finally had me rubbernecking. Then they removed the battey changing aspect.

Proving that you'll adapt to using a phone to fit your everyday needs. Buy what you like and enjoy, I mean you are the one paying.
This note 8, I can't put it down, my daughter returned her HTC U11 for the note 8 and my father-in-law snapped up a Note 8 coming from a LG G6.
Buy what you want, you only live once and then
you live forever.
You want an IPhone, rock on.
You want a LG, rock on.
You want a Samsung, enjoy!!!

Last edited:

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
JMHO - you will always find something to dislike or be discontent about, with every phone, if you look for it. There's nothing wrong with switching back to the iPhone if that's where you're more comfortable and content.

That's what's so beautiful about all the technology available to us - there's something for everyone! My something may not be your something, and that's ok!

Only you can answer what's the best choice for you, your wants and your needs in a phone.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

This is a beautiful response......

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Never did understand the mishegas about batteries. I took my phone off the charger @ 530 this morning. It is 12:13, and I am down to 75% after constant use.
I think that's pretty good...but even if it wasn't, I travel with battery back ups. It's not as if I have to feed it my blood to recharge it.

It's not as if I have to feed it my blood to charge it......

A most observant and relevant comment on battery life complaints by any and all smartphone users!!!