Anyone have problems with the Zagg HD glass protector on note 8?

Suertetres

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
i find that the edges aren't as responsive. it gets annoying when typing fast. it almost makes a hollow sound when typing. My only other complaint is on each side of the protector there is a line that goes down the full length of the phone, right at the bend of the screen. neither of these are worth me returning it. I haven't been a big fan of the Zagg glass. they seem to crack to easy. I imagine with more come to market I'll pick up a new one.

I'm using the Samsung Rugged Case and love it.

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
The TMobile store where I bought my phone installed mine and they did a fabulous job installing it.. I haven't had any issues at all with it!!!

bialy

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I swapped screen protector from Verizon Wireless to Zapp, and seems to have solved touch insensitivity spot problem of the Verizon one (though only tested for a few hours); Verizon admitted Zapp working better than their own brand for the N8 specifically (now with almost 2 months experience for them)
But now Zapp may have a rainbow effect (esp. on dark background screen) but let me see with more time if this is a real problem or not.
I'll google this issue, but anyone having feedback on rainbow, please comment.

Deputy1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I put the Spigen ultra hybrid on my second Zagg glass protector. This after shattering my first one, as I referenced in an earlier post. I really like the way it fits snugly right up to the glass protector. The screen sensitivity seems good, too. So far, so good.

bialy

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I had the verizon store install a zagg glass screen protector in store and there is a rainbow effect area in the center of the screen (about 1 by 1 inch). Anyway to fix??

Last edited:

jojojoy11

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
YES! The screen is so thick it's hard to text. I got this screen protector when i bought my phone at verizon. About 2 weeks later, my phone fell out of my pocket when i sat down less than 2 feet off the ground and cracked. I used the warranty and received a replacement free of charge + $11.99 shipping. Now, 2 weeks later, my phone hasn't even been dropped and I noticed it is cracked the length of the screen and has spider cracks on a corner. If I use the warranty, I will pay another $12. If this continues, I will end up spending hundreds of dollars on "free" replacements. I'm going to cut my losses now and get a $20 csae thats water-, drop-, dust, sand, shock-proof with a lifetime warranty and free return shipping

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I got my new note 8 on Monday and bought the zagg to use just long enough for my IQ shields to arrive. People seem to swear by white dome though. Almost tempted to buy one

taylor4701

Dec 18, 2017
Visit site
Absolutely! The sensitivity is horrible and I've gone thru 3 screen protectors in almost 3 months! They are going to start charging me $9.99 shipping to replace anymore. So much for those lifetime warranties. I had a Note 5 for years and the screen protector never broke. The customer service rep at Zagg told me they are having problems because of the curved edge. The premium product they have isn't available for Note 8. Frustrating!

taylor4701

Dec 18, 2017
Visit site
jojojoy11 your story sounds similar to mine. It was installed at Verizon when I bought the phone and it has broken 3 times. The sensitivity is terrible and the Note 8 now has a crack in the top left corner. I spoke with someone else who said theirs broke in the same place. Verizon's warranty from Assure said Samsung hasn't released any parts yet so I'd have to replace the phone itself...after paying a $199 deductible. I said nevermind. The break isn't that bad for me to replace the whole phone yet. Ugh!