I Have Bixby Disabled But It Popped Up Anyway

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I use Business Calendar Pro as my calendar on my N8 and have used it exclusively for many years on all my devices. When I set up a new device, I always turn off all notifications for any other calendar app on the device so as not to get duplicate notifications. One of the first things I did on my N8 was to disable Bixby when that option became available a couple days after I got my phone.

I've had my N8 for 2 weeks and have had no issue with it as far as all the dozens of reminders and appointments go, using Business Calendar Pro as my only calendar.

I've not installed or updated any apps since a couple days ago and all was fine until my first reminder this morning. My alert tone sounded for BC Pro and I looked at my phone, only to see Bixby saying I had an appointment. WTF!!!?? It's DISABLED! Checked to verify it was still disabled and it is. I have no idea why it all of a sudden would do this. Then I went into all the various Bixby apps and turned off notifications on all that would allow it (a few don't have an option to turn them off). Unfortunately, I didn't get a screenshot.

Anyone seen anything like this? I don't want Bixby, I don't need it and I sure as heck don't need it snooping on me when I have disabled it! Any ideas what to do to keep it from doing this again?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I use Business Calendar Pro as my calendar on my N8 and have used it exclusively for many years on all my devices. When I set up a new device, I always turn off all notifications for any other calendar app on the device so as not to get duplicate notifications. One of the first things I did on my N8 was to disable Bixby when that option became available a couple days after I got my phone.

I've had my N8 for 2 weeks and have had no issue with it as far as all the dozens of reminders and appointments go, using Business Calendar Pro as my only calendar.

I've not installed or updated any apps since a couple days ago and all was fine until my first reminder this morning. My alert tone sounded for BC Pro and I looked at my phone, only to see Bixby saying I had an appointment. WTF!!!?? It's DISABLED! Checked to verify it was still disabled and it is. I have no idea why it all of a sudden would do this. Then I went into all the various Bixby apps and turned off notifications on all that would allow it (a few don't have an option to turn them off). Unfortunately, I didn't get a screenshot.

Anyone seen anything like this? I don't want Bixby, I don't need it and I sure as heck don't need it snooping on me when I have disabled it! Any ideas what to do to keep it from doing this again?
Do you have a disabler package on your phone. I use BK disabler and I get nothing from bixby since I disabled all bixby stuff.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I installed BK Disabler and set it up tonight. Pretty cool you can disable all kinds of other bloatware crap with it in addition to even remapping the Bixby button, which I didn't expect. I could probably disable a bunch more stuff but just did about 10 or so along with all the services they were using. My phone seems to be snappier already and I'm running in medium battery saver mode. It seems as fast now as it was with battery saver mode off.

That app is well worth the price and was super easy to set up and use.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I installed BK Disabler and set it up tonight. Pretty cool you can disable all kinds of other bloatware crap with it in addition to even remapping the Bixby button, which I didn't expect. I could probably disable a bunch more stuff but just did about 10 or so along with all the services they were using. My phone seems to be snappier already and I'm running in medium battery saver mode. It seems as fast now as it was with battery saver mode off.

That app is well worth the price and was super easy to set up and use.

what happens now when you press the bixby button accidentally?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38