How Do You Primarily Charge Your Phone Daily: Regular, Fast, or Wireless?

How Do You Primarily Charge Your Phone Daily: Regular, Fast, or Wireless?

• Total voters

RobSteal

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
When I first purchased the Note 8, I only used the fast-charge setting, however, I realized that since I charge overnight, it would probably be better for my battery if I used regular speed charging and only use the fast-charge setting when I really needed it.

Also, I do have a Samsung wireless fast charger (obtained when I had the Note 7), but I really don't use it and prefer charging with the cable.

So I was wondering how other Note 8 owners charged their phones? Are you concerned about the extra heat/wear from fast or wireless charging on your phone's battery?

What do you think?

Last edited:

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: How Do You Primarily Charge Your Phone Daily: Regular, Fast, or Wireless?,

With me, I'd say fast charge With a cord. Ive been waitin cn now 6 weeks on my promo wireless charger .

I often use a portable charger and car charger too.

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I primarily use my slow mo OEM Samsung wireless charger if I need to fully charge overnight. Samsung Fast wireless charger when I'm on the PC and have my phone sidesynced to it. Fast charge wall charger if I'm streaming movies or TV shows.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I use my phone a lot while it charges so I'm gonna say 'regularly' mostly. If the Note 8 is the same as the Galaxy s8 then it only Fast Charges when the screen is off?

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
The both fast wireless charge with the screen on. I have the S8+ and the Note 8.

Ahh I never knew that. I know they definitely revert to normal charging speed when plugged in with the screen on which is a bit of a pain.
And to think there's so many people saying we don't need wireless charging eh?

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I regular charge overnight, via USB-C. I've read fast charging can be harder on the battery, and I'm not in any hurry, so turned fast charging off. I have the fast charge wireless deal from the N7 buyers promo, but I've not even opened the box. Doesn't work for where I have my phone charging.

terobaje

Tero Baje
Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I have fast-charging disabled for wireless charging. At work, I use wireless charging. At home, for now, I use my Macbook charger. When I get my promo wireless charger, I will use that. In car, I use regular cable charging.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
At home in the front room I share my GF's S8 charger (fast) if I need a quick boost. In the bedroom I have my Note 5 (fast)charger with adapter for overnights. Soon to be replaced by the promo wireless charger from Samsung. It doesnt need to be fast but why not?

In my car I have the USB cable that came in the box and fast car charger I got when I bought my Note 4.

At work I have my old Note 4 brick with a generic mini usb cable and an adapter if I need juice.

I usually dont need to charge it other than at night. It's really hard to not constantly plug in because my Note 5 was so knackered it would drain quickly and the FastCharge stopped working. I always had to have a charger near me.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I've been using wireless exclusively for years. At work, at home and in the car. I even have portable battery bricks that charge the phone wirelessly. I almost never plug the phone in.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
My phone is primarily charged by a wireless charger on my desk, I use a fast charge with cable when I need it charged up before I go somewhere.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87