Day 1 iPhone user know I want to move to android and need some questions answered.

BO55

Nov 23, 2017
Visit site
Thanks everyone got my note 8 couple of weeks back and it's a beast. I'm loving it got the gear vr the gear s3 and it's amazing ..I do need help with the galaxy app there are no paid apps and other apps say not allowed in your country

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone got my note 8 couple of weeks back and it's a beast. I'm loving it got the gear vr the gear s3 and it's amazing ..I do need help with the galaxy app there are no paid apps and other apps say not allowed in your country
You can get apps from the Play Store instead of Galaxy.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
The only thing you really need to use the Samsung App Store for is for themes, backgrounds, watch faces updates and extras for the Samsung apps. Everything else just stick to the Google Play Store.

I'll be real with you. My Note 8 will freeze once in awhile but it's usually due to a bug in an app. I'm a serious power user and both my Note 8 and iPhone X will have an occasional stutter or app freeze. This is nothing new and it can happen. Ever since iOS 11 my iPhone 6 Plus is slow as **** and I've read that Apple has been intentionally throttling older phones if they sees your battery is getting old. Forcing people to upgrade or replace their battery.

Also, it's a good idea to use a Samsung account to use for backup and restore. It'll be similar to Apple where it'll restore everything the way it was. Google's restore really just does the apps.

Oh, and Samsung Pay, once you use it you'll be hooked. Welcome to the Android world there are many dual users here that can help you out in your transition. Enjoy!

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I use the Note 8 in a DeX dock connected to my 21" monitor and Apple BT mouse & keyboard instead of my MacBook :->

Saw a video comparison of a Note and other models opening 100+ apps, then going in reverse and opening again. No lag, only on the Note. It has better memory management than even the S8+ (have both). Twice the RAM as the X (never liked that Apple, no matter what iOS does, is cheap when it comes to memory but read that every GB takes a hit on battery.) Well the latest DDR4 is very easy on keeping memory powered.

The S8 is near same screen resolution and size as iPhone X but weighs what the larger S8+ does.

I tried the iPhone 8 and it was too dated. Physical home button and lost screen real estate. The X want out but was on iOS 11 beta branch as is my iPad and macbook high Sierra

I had two 6S Plus models. The first must have been bad battery batch. 2nd was from Apple Refurbished which is always my first choice.

Maybe next year's iPhone X Plus which will it looks like mimic the Note 8 or 9.

I seem to get migraines so I stopped using iris scanner. Not sure if iPhone X works or would be worth it w/o iris and/or facial ID.

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
The only thing you really need to use the Samsung App Store for is for themes, backgrounds, watch faces updates and extras for the Samsung apps. Everything else just stick to the Google Play Store.

I'll be real with you. My Note 8 will freeze once in awhile but it's usually due to a bug in an app. I'm a serious power user and both my Note 8 and iPhone X will have an occasional stutter or app freeze. This is nothing new and it can happen. Ever since iOS 11 my iPhone 6 Plus is slow as **** and I've read that Apple has been intentionally throttling older phones if they sees your battery is getting old. Forcing people to upgrade or replace their battery.

Also, it's a good idea to use a Samsung account to use for backup and restore. It'll be similar to Apple where it'll restore everything the way it was. Google's restore really just does the apps.

Oh, and Samsung Pay, once you use it you'll be hooked. Welcome to the Android world there are many dual users here that can help you out in your transition. Enjoy!

Is that the same as smart connect?

bigredgonzo

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Just read this thread and wanted to add a bit. I am an Android person and love my Note 8, but my company requires me to carry an iPhone. TBH, I see very little difference between the two. Yes, there is the obvious differences around customizability, but other than knowing what to tap to do what you want, I can tell very little difference. I'm not saying they aren't different, but the great chasm that some people build between the two, just isn't there in my opinion. I have to say I prefer Android over iPhone and that is probably because that is what I have used since day one. As for all the hype over one being better than the other, I pick either up and make a call and get the same end result. I type an email on either and get the same end result and on and on... Honestly, after being assigned an iPhone and using it for a while, I see way more similarities than differences.

Anyway, just MHO,
BigRedGonzo

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Just read this thread and wanted to add a bit. I am an Android person and love my Note 8, but my company requires me to carry an iPhone. TBH, I see very little difference between the two. Yes, there is the obvious differences around customizability, but other than knowing what to tap to do what you want, I can tell very little difference. I'm not saying they aren't different, but the great chasm that some people build between the two, just isn't there in my opinion. I have to say I prefer Android over iPhone and that is probably because that is what I have used since day one. As for all the hype over one being better than the other, I pick either up and make a call and get the same end result. I type an email on either and get the same end result and on and on... Honestly, after being assigned an iPhone and using it for a while, I see way more similarities than differences.

Anyway, just MHO,
BigRedGonzo

Definitely, both are great. Use what's best for you. Or what's been given to you.

BO55

Nov 23, 2017
Visit site
I'm loving the note 8 it's amazing I don't regret buying it, definitely worth the money . Im also using the iPhone but I personally like the note 8 better no lags no freeze smooth as butter. I hardly use the pen but it comes handy so anyone wants to move from iPhone nothing gets better than note 8

Bethany Janick

Jul 4, 2017
Visit site
I'm loving the note 8 it's amazing I don't regret buying it, definitely worth the money . Im also using the iPhone but I personally like the note 8 better no lags no freeze smooth as butter. I hardly use the pen but it comes handy so anyone wants to move from iPhone nothing gets better than note 8

Thank you for the helping thread "Boss" It helps me to choose my new device Note 8 as I was using iPhone 5 from past 4 years. Its such an amazing combination of smart technologies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non