Notification Sound

misskar72

Nov 27, 2017
Visit site
My Note 8 keeps making a notification sound every few mins and there is no notification showing at the top of phone. Any idea why it started doing this?

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Not sure. Do this - Go to Settings, accessibility and scroll down to Notification Reminder and see if that is turned on. This plays a notification reminder for any selected app every two minutes. Not sure if this would be teh problem, since you don't show any notifications. If it is, you can check to see which app is enabled to remind you or turn it off completely.

Not sure what else would be causing it, but I'd shut your phone down, then once powered down hold the Vol Up button, the Bixby button and the Power button all at the same time until you see a Droid appear. You will then get a Droid mascot with a message about command not found. Wait a minute more and you will get a menu that will pop up. Use the volume down button to scroll down to the option to Wipe Cache Partition (be careful you don't choose the one below it to Wipe/Reset the Device). Use the Power button to choose the option and it will wipe the cache partition then give you an option to Reboot the device.

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
ok let me try second option as first one is already on

If the Reminder Option is On, then that is what is reminding you every two minutes. Did you look to see which app is turned On for that? That would be the app that is for some reason triggering the reminder.

If you can't find which app is causing it, turn the Notification Reminders OFF to see if that stops the notification.

misskar72

Nov 27, 2017
Visit site
If the Reminder Option is On, then that is what is reminding you every two minutes. Did you look to see which app is turned On for that? That would be the app that is for some reason triggering the reminder.

If you can't find which app is causing it, turn the Notification Reminders OFF to see if that stops the notification.

Ok so this might sound really stupid but I'm coming from an iPhone to Android so I'm learning. What notifications do I need on? And if I turn off others how will I know I have something new for them?

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
You can go into settings apps notifications and you can turn them on or off for whatever app you want to receive notifications from, you can also customize notifications individually by the app or person and contacts or in your messaging.
I use Zedge for ringtones and notifications for free download in the Play Store with millions of sounds

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok so this might sound really stupid but I'm coming from an iPhone to Android so I'm learning. What notifications do I need on? And if I turn off others how will I know I have something new for them?

To clarify, this "Reminder" option in Accessibility is only to continually remind you of a notification that you have not yet checked or dismissed. Turning off does not prevent you from getting a notification. The notifications will still come in and you can see them in the notification panel (swipe down from the top of your screen) as well as an icon in the bar at the top of your screen.

In your Settings, under Notifications is just your general notification settings for each app (Allow, Show Silently, Block, etc.). That is where you set whether you want to block an app's notifications (all are on by default).

But let's say you have a type of notification (i.e. a medication reminder) that you absolutely cannot miss. If the app you use only notifies you once, you may not realize it if you had walked away from your phone. By going into Accessibility and using this "Reminder" option, you can turn ON the reminder for that specific app and you will get a reminder every two minutes until you click on or swipe to dismiss that original notification. If you leave all apps turned on in the Accessibility-Reminder section, every email you get, every text, every voicemail, every single notification you get for anything will remind you every two minutes.

Hope this makes sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez