Getting the S9+ and keeping my N8

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
The N8 is the first time in a while I'm going to keep it until the N9. I usually upgrade between the S and Note series, but every time I do I miss the Note more then the S series. So this time I will be using both cause I'm just a tech junkie. Anyone else keeping both or just upgrading to the S9+?

Last edited:

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
While I have no doubt that the S9/S9+ will be awesome, I'll wait for the Note 9. The Note 8 will get a refresh with Oreo. Even if it didn't, the Note 8 does everything I need it to and more. Then we will see how much of a leap the Note 9 is from the Note 8.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Seeing this earlier today has really put the cat amongst the pigeons for me personally. F1.5 Aperture camera that's also variable to 2.4, stereo speakers, super slow mo camera, and the S9+ will have dual camera's too of course. Those are are big features for me that might be hard to stop me trading in my Note 8 for. (my wife won't let me keep both lol. When I change phones the last one has to part fund the new one. That's her only criteria)

Attachments

• 669.jpg
    669.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 367

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
Seeing this earlier today has really put the cat amongst the pigeons for me personally. F1.5 Aperture camera that's also variable to 2.4, stereo speakers, super slow mo camera, and the S9+ will have dual camera's too of course. Those are are big features for me that might be hard to stop me trading in my Note 8 for. (my wife won't let me keep both lol. When I change phones the last one has to part fund the new one. That's her only criteria)

Yes that camera and stereo speakers is something I'm looking forward to. I'm in the same boat with my wife lol I'll just have to buy her something equally expensive so she can't say anything 🤣

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I love my Note 8...but there is a S9+ with my name on it. Just wish I could get it in Pearl White!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

I am really looking forward to those features too. I just don't want to be jumping to the S9+ and then jumping to the Note 9 six months later. I am trying very hard to minimize my phone jumping. I have not missed a Note since the Note 2 so I know I will get the Note 9. The Note 8 is the best phone I have every had so no reason to jump so quickly. That's me though. I can totally understand someone wanting to jump every 6 months. I have done that for years.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I have 2 Note 8 so might get rid of one to finance an S9+ and then get rid of that later to finance a Note 9.
1st world problems... . love them :)

CrudeOne

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Those specs look nice my only knock on it is in an age of $1,000 phones that the US duopoly in Apple and Samsung is pushing for, all $1,000 flagships should come with a minimum 128 GB of on board storage.

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
I want a smaller device than my Note 8 so I'm looking at the S9. I wish it was going to have 6GB RAM though.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I love my Note 8...and Note 9 will all that s9+ has plus there maybe some surprise by Samsung...I think Note 9 will have improved cameras and stereo speakers....Will wait for Note 9

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
S series are nice phones but i prefer the note series. Always will. So I'll wait for the note9. And my note8 will be back up.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Too much hasle for not to much benefit jumping phones every 6 months. And having to live with no Spen for 6 months? No way.

I'll wait for Note 9 and keep my dollars warming up my pockets untill then.

If you think you are "upgrading" to S9 from Note 8, you are definitely a phone addict and in need of some serious help

Have some self-control folks, Jesus

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Too much hasle for not to much benefit jumping phones every 6 months. And having to live with no Spen for 6 months? No way.

I'll wait for Note 9 and keep my dollars warming up my pockets untill then.

If you think you are "upgrading" to S9 from Note 8, you are definitely a phone addict and in need of some serious help

Have some self-control folks, Jesus

Yeah you're right. I'm a self confessed phone addict and usually go with the S line of phones with the occasional Note. Every year I get 6 months of pleasure before the Note is released with the same features plus the latest and greatest ones and I wish I'd waited for that. The Note series will always have the most features so I just need to remember that come February and exercise a little patience.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty