How do I remove emoji from my phone?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I have reset my phone and that didn't work
Welcome to the forums. If you are talking about the app called 'Emoji Phone' try this. Go to settings - security and make sure the app is not enabled as device administrator. Then go to settings - apps - select Emoji Phone - force stop - clear data and defaults - uninstall. Tell us how it goes.

Cpdempster1

Feb 15, 2018
Visit site
Just today I was able to remove emoji phone app. First go into your system apps not the apps icon put there by emoji phone (smiley face). Go into emoji phone app and turn off ALL permissions. Go down each permission to the lowest level options. Then when you return to main screen you will see it now gives an UNINSTALL option. This type of app shouldn't be allowed!

Butterfly Lover

Jun 1, 2018
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. If you are talking about the app called 'Emoji Phone' try this. Go to settings - security and make sure the app is not enabled as device administrator. Then go to settings - apps - select Emoji Phone - force stop - clear data and defaults - uninstall. Tell us how it goes.

Thank you, Javior P!!! It was making me crazy!!

Lisa Gonzalez

Jun 3, 2018
Visit site

Thank you so much! The way u explained how to do I got my phone back to the original state.. my four year old downloaded it and it was so frustrating trying to get it uninstalled because it didn't let me but then I did ur steps and the uninstall bottom was available.. THANK YOU AGAIN!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much! The way u explained how to do I got my phone back to the original state.. my four year old downloaded it and it was so frustrating trying to get it uninstalled because it didn't let me but then I did ur steps and the uninstall bottom was available.. THANK YOU AGAIN!
Glad it helped and thanks for your feedback! Yes, this app requires special permissions and privileges so it's not that easy uninstalling it.

Welcome to the forums!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
The emoji launcher app is not in the admin apps, and still i Cant remove it.
Ik have deleted all the permissions and still Cant delete.
Welcome to the forums. What phone do you have? First try switching the active launcher back to the one that came preinstalled in your phone and then go to settings - apps - select the emoji app - force stop - clear defaults - clear data - uninstall.

Jonathan Franssen

Oct 9, 2018
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. What phone do you have? First try switching the active launcher back to the one that came preinstalled in your phone and then go to settings - apps - select the emoji app - force stop - clear defaults - clear data - uninstall.

It worked to chane the primary launcher.
Thank you for the quick reply

Hellspawn58

May 5, 2020
Visit site
Just today I was able to remove emoji phone app. First go into your system apps not the apps icon put there by emoji phone (smiley face). Go into emoji phone app and turn off ALL permissions. Go down each permission to the lowest level options. Then when you return to main screen you will see it now gives an UNINSTALL option. This type of app shouldn't be allowed!

What are the permissions????

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Open your system settings (i.e., swipe down the notification panel and tap the gear icon there, or open the App Drawer and tap the Settings icon there), then Apps, then find the Emoji Phone app. Tap that, then tap Permissions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34