Bixby button remap?

chamomiami

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello i guess im the last member of this family.. after all the LG G series i decide to come to Samsung and Note 8 was the winner

im still learning some new stuff with this beast but ...

i guess 'Bixby' its like apple Siri that use data and i have a non unlimited data plan and i really dont talk to my phone.. i tuned off the app on the home screen but i want to know if the dedicate left bottom under the volume can be use for something also and where's the setting for it?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Bixby

Hello i guess im the last member of this family.. after all the LG G series i decide to come to Samsung and Note 8 was the winner

im still learning some new stuff with this beast but ...

i guess 'Bixby' its like apple Siri that use data and i have a non unlimited data plan and i really dont talk to my phone.. i tuned off the app on the home screen but i want to know if the dedicate left bottom under the volume can be use for something also and where's the setting for it?
This is what I use, and you can get rid of other crap you don't want. Just disable everything with the word bixby and the button function is gone.

There are less features now after their update, I don't know what you lose since the developers complied with Google policy. I'm to scared to update it, so I haven't yet. The very reason I turn off auto update.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kunkunsoft.packagedisabler

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

I use Bixby fairly regularly, but never use the Bixby button - I get Bixby started with the simple voice command.

Wonder if I could remap the button but still be able to use Bixby.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site

Just went through Bixby issue.

Enable. Update. Skip voice parts. Turn all features off. Even button.

I also bought Bx Actions and Remapper but ended up restoring (undoing) the disable.

Just disabling Bixby apps, home, voice, services, was not enough. Was constantly accidentally touching Bx button.

tuckertje01

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site

I use Bixby fairly regularly, but never use the Bixby button - I get Bixby started with the simple voice command.

Wonder if I could remap the button but still be able to use Bixby.
That's how I use Bixby too. Remap the button with Bixby Remapper and you'll still be able to use Bixby with voice commands.

chamomiami

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

i just tried and asked 'ey Bixby i need help remapping left buttom' .. she say 'use another buttom, leave mine alone'